2011 Pattern a Day Calendar question

I'm wondering if anyone has bought the 2011 calendar and what did you think of it? I just read one review, the only one on amazon and now I'm not sure if it's worth getting; but something is telling me that it is worth it! I would just appreciate some opinions on it, thanks..............:hook

well, my opinion is likely biased, seeing has how by submitting a pattern that was selected, I received a free copy... :)

Disclaimer aside, I am happy with it. I think the quality of patterns is higher this year, though there are fewer. Considering they almost stopped publishing due to "lack of interest" (and crocheter outcry changed their minds, thankfully) it's not too surprising that there are fewer patterns. The paper is of good quality, and for the price, you really do get a wide selection of patterns. The box isn't as nice as years past, but do we really buy a calendar for the box?

They ARE still accepting submissions for the 2012 calendar (at least they were as of last week) through Thanksgiving I believe. I got mine in. I hope they get enough. part of the issue, apparently, has been the need for good quality photo's (not too grainy)

if you're interested (anyone reading this) the website: http://knittingpatternaday.com/crochet.htm

HTH

Lack of interest? seriously??? with all the crocheters in the world, that would be shame to stop making it. I want to get a copy for myself and one for my friend who has fallin in love with crocheting, just want to make sure it's worth it. But then, I collect all crochet patterns, so I'm sure it will be worth it.:)

Lack of interest? seriously???

If you search this board, you'll find a thread or two on just about every year this calendar came out and lots of different opinions.

I have the first three. The first was a gift. The other two I bought on clearance, one for about three bucks.

There were a few good patterns in each. Most patterns were free on the internet. Many people argued that they would be all in one place and you wouldn't have to print them out. No help if like me, you already had most of the ones you liked printed.

As mentioned, it went down every year in the number of patterns found. I don't think any of them had 365 patterns. I can see where some needed spread over a day or two but some stretched it.

Overall I wasn't impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived