Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catainia

Yarn Tamer

7 posts in this topic

I have 2 cats that LOVE to "help" me as I work on my crochet. I was at Joann's and saw a plastic jug with a hole in the top for 10 bucks. I was appalled at the price.

When I got home I just pulled out an old Gallon glass sun tea jar and I'm using it as a yarn tamer just using the pour spout in the lid to thread the yarn out.

Just a simple trick to save 10 bucks to spend on more yarn or supplies lol

I use a zip lock bag for each project I am working on that way when I am finished I can just tuck it away in the bag and zip it close so its protected.

I did buy this yarn tamer,but I really needed it for the holes! Trying to keep four colors going at once was driving me nut,plus I can take the whole kit and caboodle with me,plus it did contribute to the cure. :pink The other nice thing is it has an attached accessories case. :)

yarn drum 001.JPG

yarn drum 002.JPG

post-14761-135897589766_thumb.jpg

post-14761-135897590082_thumb.jpg

only thing I don't like about the yarn drum is there really isn't a place for the project if the drum is full of yarn or it's a big project

i am keeping just one of each color to give me room to store my project. i've also stored my netbook in there...