Following the Design

I was just looking back over the patterns I have done and I've made a big discovery....I am totally incapable of following a pattern exactly. I'm not talking about using a different type or color of yarn either.

Example:

this scarf from the Lion Brand site. Simple enough, right? I made it longer because I like longer scarves, and when I got it done I decided it wasn't full enough so I continued the pattern for another row.

Or what I'm working on now, This shawl. Simple and elegant. I'm actually doing it in the right weight of yarn (Sensations Angel Hair) and with the correct size hook, but then I got bored with plain black. So I ran a series of ch3 in each stitch down the side and started working in the V shape with a different color.

Some day I shall do a perfect pattern just as the designer intended it. (and if you believe that, I've got a nice bridge to sell you! :D)

"But this IS a (popular pattern)...just crocheted instead of knitted, and boucle instead of plain worsted, and three colors instead of solid, and it really needed an edging, and yeah, it was originally sized for a baby, but it looks pretty good in a 2x..." That's half the fun of crafting! :D

"But this IS a (popular pattern)...just crocheted instead of knitted, and boucle instead of plain worsted, and three colors instead of solid, and it really needed an edging, and yeah, it was originally sized for a baby, but it looks pretty good in a 2x..." That's half the fun of crafting! :D

:rofl

I think we're all guilty of this at some point or another :D

Archived