SnB Crochet Preorder

ahiscox

Just surfing. Debbie Stoller's SnB Happy Hooker is available for preorder at Amazon 10.85 and Overstock.com 10.71 It says shipping January 6!

Cool! I think I may grab a copy even though my submission didn't make it in... :( Plus it says there's a pattern for a sock monkey kid poncho didn't somebody from here design that?

:frog

I'm gonna wait until the reviews from you guys are in before I take a look.

agreed. i recently got the SnB knitting books from the library and was disappointed with them. :(

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the crochet book tho, heh. :hook

agreed. i recently got the SnB knitting books from the library and was disappointed with them. :(

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the crochet book tho, heh. :hook

I'm always wary of things with a lot of hype.

I'm not going to buy it as a matter of principle, though I do own both the original SnB books. I don't want to support the notion that crochet is a secondary craft to knitting. Luckily there are enough crochet books with hip patterns (Hip to Crochet & Cool Crochet being my favorites) that I really don't think I'll be missing out. :D

Sabra, how is that Cool Crochet book? I've glanced through it and thought it looked nice. Are the patterns written well? I didn't have a chance to look that carefully. I put it on my amazon wish list!

Personally, I think Cool Crochet is great... Simple, clear instructions, nice photos, big size ranges [s-XXL], and projects that range all the way from skimpy halters to bulky sweaters. I'd say it's definitely a worthwhile addition to a crochet library, especially if you're looking for up-to-date clothing.

My library JUST purchased Cool Crochet and only 2 copies (so far), I'm #7 on the reservations waiting list, argh!! Well at least I'm on the list, hehe.

I'll tell you what... after the past two trips to the library to check out crochet books... my amazon wishlist has been cut in half, hehe.

I'm sorry but when I see more original and creative patterns online for free or ones like Stitch Diva and Nexstitch's that you can purchase one at a time... why pay $15-$25 for a book with 2 patterns I like?

Cool! I think I may grab a copy even though my submission didn't make it in... :( Plus it says there's a pattern for a sock monkey kid poncho didn't somebody from here design that?

:frog

Ashleigh - yep, that's my pattern....but its not the one they chose...so i'm not sure why it is stating that. :think I saw that too on the Amazon description. I have 2 designs, sock monkey related in there- but no poncho. I'm still not sure when its coming out - I think in January. I got an email from DS about re-checking my patterns that were back from the tech editor, but haven't heard anything since - that was back in July. Some of the changes that were made to my pattern I didn't understand and thought they should be changed back...guess it is for cosmetic reasons. Never been in this situation before so I don't know.

Not to get off subject - but I picked up Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers at Joanns with a coupon and there are some really cute items in there if you like to make kids crochet. I think I got it for less than $10.00. I do want Cool Crochet - its on my Library wish list too! I browsed it at barnes and noble on Saturday....love the cable sweater (I think its yellow) great techniques!

I love Cool Crochet. Like PP said, it's got a good selection of sizes. I shrank down the dress pattern for my older daughter. That's about par for the course for me. :) I look forward to making something for myself once the Giant Uterus goes away.

Archived