I'm stuck!

heavenlypurple1

I really want to give sweaters or something wearable other than accessories a shot. I looked at some patterns online last night and that I should try making a pet sweater, I saw a pattern for a baby goat sweater that looked pretty easy and looks like it would be cute for my italian greyhound. There is alot of stuff I want to try to make but haven't gotten out of my comfort zone and I need to.

I spent years afraid to try anything outside my comfort zone in crocheting, and I've got to say, once I finally took the plunge, I haven't slowed down yet! I made my first sweater last year (without a pattern) and I'm currently working out a new wearable for me, which I really hope works out. My point is, you never know whether or not you can do something until you sit down and give it a try. And remember, things don't always work out on the first try, so try and try again before giving up.

Just repeat after me. "I can do it!" :)

I know exactly how you feel. Up until recently all I made were toys, hat's and scarves. But I really really wanted to make something wearable. So I figured that I would start by making baby clothes because if I messed it up It wont take as long as an adult item would to fix. I have made a few baby items and I love it. Haven't made anything adult sized yet because I'm having to much fun making the baby clothes lol.

So I say just find something you like and give it a go you'll surprise yourself.

I'd go ahead and make it. You don't have to use expensive yarn ~ and what's the worst that can happen? It will come out yukky? Gee, that's never happened to any of us, uh-huh.

I screwed up on the dog sweater after 10 rows ....... I missed the step that said to increase at the 1st row and do it 15 times. SO I ripped it apart and now I have to start back at the beginning. I am not giving up on this at all I'm determined to make a sweater! lol

Yeah don't give up you can do it! Also I would suggest to count your stitches at the end of every row just until your a little more confedent (sorry my spelling is so bad even spell check has no idea what I'm trying to spell lol) with it. Will help you not to have to frog so much work because hopefully you can pick up mistakes much sooner. I started counted every row, now because I make less mistakes I count every other row. It does add time to do the counting but not as much as frogging a heap and having to re do it.

Archived