In July I will

fc1123

:cheer:clap The butterfly doily is finished, except for blocking. A project for August? :lol

Last week, I made 7 dishcloths (ends weaved in and all):lol and started on the Ice Cream Cone Afghan.

I am hoping to get pictures up soon in show and tell, but may wait until I have a few more items finished. I am a procrastinator. :eek

Great Work!:hook

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lindsay!! For someone who says she cannot read a pattern and makes stuff up - - I am GREEN (and pink and white) over those adorable blocks! What a beautiful blanket that is going to be!

denise

Lindsay!! For someone who says she cannot read a pattern and makes stuff up - - I am GREEN (and pink and white) over those adorable blocks! What a beautiful blanket that is going to be!

denise

:manyheart Thanks Denise! Nice to see you someplace other than over at the charity CAL thread!:) We hookers get around!:hook

Hey Lindsay! I kind of roam around looking for pictures. This is a good forum for pics! I don't post much here because the only time I ever seem to buckle down and finish something is on the charity weekend. I have two afghans that have been WIP's for almost a year! But I am inspired by other people's accomplishments!!

:(I'm a little behind on finishing up my baby hats, but I have however made some cat items to be shared and sent to 2 different shelters :). I'm getting there, lol. I also got myself working on other things that have caused me to put the things I was working on finishing off. lol. I'm going to have to get caught up on my pictures too. I love seeing what others are making and I'd like to share as well :)

well so far have only managed to complete one thing on the list. This month so far has been too hot to complete too many projects that I had for this month.

:(I'm a little behind on finishing up my baby hats, but I have however made some cat items to be shared and sent to 2 different shelters :). I'm getting there, lol. I also got myself working on other things that have caused me to put the things I was working on finishing off. lol. I'm going to have to get caught up on my pictures too. I love seeing what others are making and I'd like to share as well :)

At least you are getting some things done and others started :hook(add the stuff you have worked on to the list and then you will still be keeping to the list (that is what I do!:lol!)

well so far have only managed to complete one thing on the list. This month so far has been too hot to complete too many projects that I had for this month.

The heat makes crochet hard:eek:blush:think Especially big projects which mean you have a load of yarn drapped over you or your hook hand gets sweaty and the yarn sqeaks...YUCK the one thing of our noth getting good summer weather in Scotland is that real heat is VERY rare so I get to do lots of :crocheting to keep warm even in the summer! Stall cool and enjoy the rest from studying the crochet will still be there when the heat breaks!:)

I finished a batch of tissue packet covers for charity! :blushThey were fun to crochet but sewing them up and adding flowers and buttons took as long as the crochet did :think(Mum attached most of the flowers and buttons for me as the seam sewing all afternoon yesterday made me grouchy!:lol) They look OK but I am not enthusiastic about making more small items....:eek:eek:eek

lindsay the tissue covers are adorable!

I've had a busy, busy month. I don't think I've sat down to crochet for even an hour. I think I'll drag it to work and spend just a tad bit of quality time with it.

I've got a new project for this winter, my nephew spent a few days in a shelter so I thought I would do up a few hats/scarf sets in manly choices for the winter.

The heat makes crochet hard:eek:blush:think Especially big projects which mean you have a load of yarn drapped over you or your hook hand gets sweaty and the yarn sqeaks...YUCK the one thing of our noth getting good summer weather in Scotland is that real heat is VERY rare so I get to do lots of :crocheting to keep warm even in the summer! Stall cool and enjoy the rest from studying the crochet will still be there when the heat breaks!:)

Gosh Lindsay I wish I was living in your neck of the woods. I would be all kinds of crocheting. I do my blanket in the apt in the a/c. Though haven't done much of that no motivation.

I finished two scarves here and here (sorry for the blurry pics) and started my pink and green blanket here!:crocheting

Linds - that blanket is going to be gorgeous! I especially like the second scarf. :)

I'm a little behind too... ok REALLY behind! I'm still working on DD's blanket, and I was 1/2 done when July started!! :heehee

I agree - this summer has been unusually hot, especially for Michigan. Although I also sit in the A/C most of the day - working on an afghan when it's 90+ outside just isn't fun.

For the week... I WILL get DD's afghan done!!! I'm 5/8th of the way done with it!!!

Gosh Lindsay I wish I was living in your neck of the woods. I would be all kinds of crocheting. I do my blanket in the apt in the a/c. Though haven't done much of that no motivation.

I feel for you Faith I really am no good at all in the heat!:blush Just doing the basics is hard when it is really hot it just saps your energy!:(

well almost 2 inches away from my blanket being finished. Yay!! Just haven't had too much energy to finish it maybe later tonight I will finish it.

lindsay the tissue covers are adorable!

I've had a busy, busy month. I don't think I've sat down to crochet for even an hour. I think I'll drag it to work and spend just a tad bit of quality time with it.

I've got a new project for this winter, my nephew spent a few days in a shelter so I thought I would do up a few hats/scarf sets in manly choices for the winter.

:) Thank you Susan, I'm sorry you have been so busy this month you must be missing your :hook. The shelter will be glad of the manly coloured sets I think all the charities struggle for things in boyish/manish colours I am really guilty of making most of my stuff for charity girly!:blush

Oh, I love that pram blanket. I have adored those corner blocks ever since you started them!!

Thanks Denise!:D They are a lot of fun to make too a real change from regular granny squares!:hook

well almost 2 inches away from my blanket being finished. Yay!! Just haven't had too much energy to finish it maybe later tonight I will finish it.

That is great Faith 2 inches is not too much you will definitely make it now!:cheer Will we get to see a picture of it?:)

That is great Faith 2 inches is not too much you will definitely make it now!:cheer Will we get to see a picture of it?:)

I would love to show a picture unfortunately I don't have a digital camera anymore. I decided to end the blanket at 70 and a half inches because I was starting to swim in it and then I tested on the floor to pretend that I was laying outside looking up at the stars and it is big enough for me. So finally the blanket is done. Let's see what else I can knock off my list for this month. I will get the In August up on the 26th but after August someone else will have to take over for me since school starts for me on the 30th of August I will still be in the group just have more homework.

I would love to show a picture unfortunately I don't have a digital camera anymore. I decided to end the blanket at 70 and a half inches because I was starting to swim in it and then I tested on the floor to pretend that I was laying outside looking up at the stars and it is big enough for me. So finally the blanket is done. Let's see what else I can knock off my list for this month. I will get the In August up on the 26th but after August someone else will have to take over for me since school starts for me on the 30th of August I will still be in the group just have more homework.

:clap It is done. :lol I got a smile at your testing it out for size. When I am making lap blankets for the elderly I get Mum to put them on her and 'test them for size' it makes her crazy... because she says she is only 68 not old ...far less elderly:D!

I am sure one of the more experiences Crochetville posters will take over setting up the monthly CAL for you after August, Faith. :thinkIf not I could try it so we get to carry on for the rest of 2010!:cheer

I was so excited to actually finish something from my list this wild and crazy month and come to find out I didn't even put it on my list.....:lol It's a tiny premie blanket with Bernet Jacquards. I do have the brown variegated lacy shells almost done, possibly another week.

post-17683-135897554938_thumb.jpg

I was so excited to actually finish something from my list this wild and crazy month and come to find out I didn't even put it on my list.....:lol It's a tiny premie blanket with Bernet Jacquards. I do have the brown variegated lacy shells almost done, possibly another week.

Oh that is lovely for a preemie blanket Susan!:manyheart Add it to your list nw and then cross it off!!! :DWell done on your finish plus...there is still 6 days left in July so you never know your lacy shells might get done too!:)

:clap It is done. :lol I got a smile at your testing it out for size. When I am making lap blankets for the elderly I get Mum to put them on her and 'test them for size' it makes her crazy... because she says she is only 68 not old ...far less elderly:D!

I am sure one of the more experiences Crochetville posters will take over setting up the monthly CAL for you after August, Faith. :thinkIf not I could try it so we get to carry on for the rest of 2010!:cheer

Thanks Lindsay I want to keep this cal going forever because it is fun. And I don't want to see it go away.

Archived