Do You have a favorite Dishcloth pattern?

Well I have loads of cotton yarn for the favorite summer project, dischoths. I have one pattern that I really really like. I have looked for some on Crochet Pattern Central and even bought some e-patterns from Annies Attic. I started making one of the dishcloths from the patterns that I bought, and don't really like the way it's working up. Has that ever happened to anyone? You buy a pattern, then start working on it and don't really like it? I think with the one I tried, I didn't like the flow of the work. So, anyway, I guess I'm looking for some good dishcloth patterns. If anyone knows of any let me know. :hook

Hmmm...there's a double-ended hook one that I like to make, but I'd have to try to write it up. It's fairly simple, I've just never written it down.... Are you interested?

I also like the Tunisian Short-Row Dishcloth. I've made it in one strand as a dishcloth, and with two as a hot-pad. There's a picture of one of the hot pads in my craft album. (See link below.)

Hmmm...there's a double-ended hook one that I like to make, but I'd have to try to write it up. It's fairly simple, I've just never written it down.... Are you interested?

I also like the Tunisian Short-Row Dishcloth. I've made it in one strand as a dishcloth, and with two as a hot-pad. There's a picture of one of the hot pads in my craft album. (See link below.)

I have not done anything with a double ended hook or Tunisian, but willing to learn. I really like the look of the tunisian round one.

The one I like best is called "Idiots Dishcloth" and it is knitted - a basic garter stitch and very simple. I don't knit very much but this doesn't take long to make and I love the feel of it. It is the perfect size for my hand. I believe the website where it is found is http://www.groovy-mom.com otherwise you can google the name.

I have not done anything with a double ended hook or Tunisian, but willing to learn. I really like the look of the tunisian round one.

You can probably make the short row Tunisian cloth with a regular hook, as long as you don't make it too large. Just decrease the size a bit and it should be fine with a regular hook. Good luck!

Send me a PM if you'd like me to try to write the double-ended pattern, ok? I don't want to miss your request if you want it.

Archived