friendship ghan squares

I was just wondering, when you make a square for someones friendship ghan do you have a "thing" you always do the same that is "your thing"? Like do you use the same colors or the same square pattern? Are you a no square the same person?

I've never done one for this board. But I always make a wagon wheel granny square. I do all different colors though. It depends on who it's for and why. None of my squares have been the same color wise. But I love making wagon wheel squares

I don't do all the same squares. Most people want different sizes. I must admit though Meshy Hearts 12" is my favorite.

In case you didn't know, we have a friendship square CAL going on here.

:turtle:vheart

I was just wondering, when you make a square for someones friendship ghan do you have a "thing" you always do the same that is "your thing"? Like do you use the same colors or the same square pattern? Are you a no square the same person?

I often wondered the same things. I often wanted to send squares for comfortghan requests but was paralyzed trying to decide on a pattern and then working with it to make it fit the requested dimensions. For the friendship-ghans I think it would be neat to have a signiture square to do but it would take me forever to come up with one.

For the CAL I have been pretty much making the same square. I found a 7 inch and 12 inch version and between the two have been able to make it work for 8 and 10 inch squares. I get a lot more squares sent out that way. It took me a really long time to finally decide on this square and get it worked out so the dimensions were right. I try to send the color they request but often wonder how that worked out since there can be so many shades of a color. I often wonder if people would be better off requesting, pastels, brights, or subdued. We have one person on the CAL that requested variegated squares and I think if she edges them in black before joining them it will be stunning. If I have started on a skein of yarn and people have requested any color I just keep working down the list with that color. It's just been easier as I agonize over making a decision. I think everyone has been happy to receive a square.

Archived