Any ideas to make mary-jane slippers non-slip?

Non-slip slippers LOL!!! :lol

I'd love to make these but we have hardwood floors and wearing crocheted slippers would be down-right dangerous.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the soles non-slip?

On sewn slippers I would sew in some of that anti-slip rubber mat stuff designed to go under rugs but I can't figure out how I could sew it on crocheted mary-janes....

Any ideas appreciated!

I have heard that you can paint the bottom with fabric puff paint and that will make them non-stick. I have not tried it yet.

That is a great pattern, with wonderful instructions and pictures. Thanks for providing the link.

As far as making your slippers non-slip, I use "puff paint", not sure exactly what it is called, on the soles of the slippers. You can find this at craft or fabric stores in many different colors. I just paint on squiggly lines or shapes. It lasts thru many washings, and it it starts to wear off, you can just add more.

Hope this helps! :hook

What a GORGEOUS pattern, and I love that it looks like it would work up quickly. *THANKS!* for sharing it~to think such a treasure is FREE! :) I also have seen a kind of tape at Wally that you place under the edge of rugs to keep them from slipping. Not as pretty as puffy paint, but for a very accident-prone person (I have one in mind) it might be even more non-slip.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I have heard that there is this stuff that you can buy that you paint onto the bottom of rugs to keep them from slipping and it is supposed to work marvelously for slippers as well! I think you can get it in any hardware store or hardware section of stores like Walmart.

I found "Plasti Dip" at a local Menard's center. It is made by Performix to use on the handles of tools for a better grip. I use it full strength and kind of dab it on with a cheap brush. You can put several coats on with a 30 minute wait time between coatings. It takes 4-6 hours to dry completely. It is pretty stinky and flamable so you have to be careful when applying it but so far it hasn't come off. I've also used carpet anti-slip mats that are available at Walmart. I cut to shape and attach with a good spray adhesive.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived