I never thought to do this before!!

I'm working on finishing up a comfortghan for a friend of mine. I have the squares laid out on a sheet while I work, and I was all set to stack the unattached ones and fold up the finished parts (have to tidy up and make supper - aaaaah, real life interferes with crocheting once again ;)), and then I thought, why don't I just roll up the sheet with everything laid on it??

It's working so nicely! They stay laid out the way I want them, and when rolled up, the kids leave it alone. I love having them stay in the order I want them ...

:lol

Edited because I had a redundant sentence in there - lol

Thanks for the great tip. I make quite a few afghans with squares. When I do scrap squares, sometimes I have more than one square of the same color. It was a real pain to keep them in the proper order. Now I know how! Thanks! :c9

WOW! This would work for me. I have :cat :cat :cat who just had kittens, and they live in my 'suite'. With them locked into the bathroom (where their food, kittens and litter box are) I can lay things out on the bed and arrange them, then lock them safely in my closet when I let them out. Their cat tree is in one corner of the room, but they prefer to nap on the computer.

Kathy

My three year has "helped" me by rearranging my squares and trying to bring them to me, thereby ruining the neat stack, so after I get them in order, I pick them up left to right starting from the top and then TIE THEM SUCKERS TOGETHER! That sheet trick would work great for me, too.

What a great idea. Thanks, I'll have to try this next time I have squares to put together.

Archived