Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

:waving, Beth!

I am glad your leg feels better... Your favorite Christmas song is mine, too! I got to sing it at the party last night. I sounded just like Celine Dion! :rofl

I would call that 'ghan done with 1 rnd of sc.... good luck with the bags. That's a terrific idea!

Oh... some of us will be here tonight to "watch" Shannon's Saints together, if you are around, you could stop by!

Have a great day...:hug:hug:D:U:U ...for your collection!

:waving to Judy, Joanne, and Vicki who have all already been here this morning:hug

Oh, the Weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And Since we've no place to go....

Let it :flake, Let it :flake, Let is :flake

...I am :excited about the snow today! :clap:clap Maybe we can have a white Christmas afterall...

I'm dreaming...

Of a white Christmas

Just like the ones I used to know...

where the treetops glisten

and children listen

to hear

sleighbells in the snow....

Love you all, my dearest besties!

have a great day: Colleen, Mary, Scooby, Beth, Joanne, Judy, Shannon, Vicki, Stacy, Tena, and any friends we've yet to meet!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:coffee Good mornin' Besties!

I keep hearing on the news about snow in VA and NC and NJ. Stay home safe and warm my friends, and don't drive!!! We don't have any snow (falling snow, that is) It looks like it might almost want to be sunny here today, but it is cold :wbrr

I'll have to work more on my 12 days of Christmas later. I'm sure it will bop around in my head all day long.

DH went out at 6 am for a haircut and Christmas shopping :eek Didn't even here him leave. :sleep

Beth - Glad you are feeling better today :hug:D:hug:D:hug:D

Vicki - :hug I hope you have a good day today. Enjoy your first day of vacation :yay

Mary - :birthday to your DH! How are you celebrating?

Joanne - I hope you get all your errands and your hair appointment done before the snow messes up the roads. Lasagna and salad sounds perfect :c9 I'm making a turkey, but it will just be us and my mom and dad, so nobody will stop loving me if it isn't perfect.

LeaAnne - I hope you get the rest of your shopping done. Do your kids like playing in the snow? DD loves to, especially sledding. I take the sled to pick her up at school and let her sled down the hill at the school sometimes.

Shannon-ness - How was TSO?

Judy - I hope you stay warm and cozy at home today. Here I was thinking your neighbour was a nice teenager, but a 35 yo snow shoveler will do too. :thumbsup

Scooby - How are you feeling today?

Stacy - Did you find something Isabella liked for the special screening? I'm hoping to take DD to that movie during the week.

:hi to everyone else! Have a super duper Saturday. I've got the dishwasher running, but I need to get my badorkus in gear. There are showers and baths to be had and cleaning to be done! And I haven't had my coffee yet!!

Oh... I watched that drama unfold... I was very sad that day for C'Ville... that day that the SKY fell. It was a shame.

I was an original member of the CAL...many friendships are now lost or scattered because we no longer have our "Home":(

Got my gray's taken care of and got my hair cut- ran my errands, got my gift cards for my nieces and nephews, came home, wrote out their cards, put the gift cards in them and am getting ready to head to the post office to mail them. Whew! That's done. Also picked up a gift card to send to DD in Boston (from our fav coffee place- Stacy know's what i'm talking bout!!!) as a little surprise so she'll have something for Christmas. It started snowing here around 8:30 and then stopped around 9:30- it just started up again- mainly flurries- I hear southeast of me got alot of snow- one of the hairdressers comes from Lanoka Harbor- a mile from the ocean and she said it took her 2 hrs to get to work this AM- it should only take an hour-

DD went to the grocery store- even though I said we really didn't need anything, he felt compelled to stock up- who am I to argue? One less thing on my to do list LOL

Judy- how much snow have you gotten?

Well, I better skedaddle and get to the post office.

Another favorite of mine....but I'm with LeaAnne and Beth- my very favorite is O Holy Night!!!

We three kings of Orient are

Bearing gifts we traverse afar

Field and fountain, moor and mountain

Following yonder star

O Star of wonder, star of night

Star with royal beauty bright

Westward leading, still proceeding

Guide us to thy Perfect Light

The snow has arrived with a vengence- I think we are in for it overnight! DH came with me to the post office and then wanted to go to a few stores- so I obliged him, even though it has seriously cut into my crochet time!!!

I will probably log on later- I'll be watching the Rutgers football game tonight- it's their Bowl game at 8, so won't be watching the Saints (I don't have NFL network anyway)

I am going to try and remember to take pix of the hats/scarves/snow tomorrow.

Okay, girls, I have something to tell you. And I say it with all the love in my heart. You really talk too much!

I just finished reading the Christmas party. Sounds like a fun time was had by all!!

But now I have to go, since I'm supposed to be cleaning. I'll try really hard to be here for some of the game. My plan was:

1st quarter--wrap presents

2nd quarter--decorate some more

3rd quarter--work on the flannelghan

4th quarter--do more of whatever I didn't get a lot of done!

But we'll see!:devil

Okay, girls, I have something to tell you. And I say it with all the love in my heart. You really talk too much!

I just finished reading the Christmas party. Sounds like a fun time was had by all!!

But now I have to go, since I'm supposed to be cleaning. I'll try really hard to be here for some of the game. My plan was:

1st quarter--wrap presents

2nd quarter--decorate some more

3rd quarter--work on the flannelghan

4th quarter--do more of whatever I didn't get a lot of done!

But we'll see!:devil

That sounds like a good plan- hope to see you later..off to get the laundry out of the washer and start dinner!

LeaAnne, I have a question about the flannelghan. Will the ends be hidden when I start to join, or do I need to weave them in before I join?

P.S.-- Pics of what I should be doing would be spectacular, if possible!!:wink:blush

:waving, Shannon...

I weave the ends after...at the very end. You can do it however you usually do. I will check in periodically during the game. I can't sit here and watch it... my tree is in the way :irk

I got all of my cleaning done, including some extra TLC in the kitchen. Made taco stuff and veggies and dip... I have my flannelghan out and ready to go...

WHO DAT!!!!

Geaux Saints!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Oh, I'm so jealous! I was on a roll, then just ran out of steam! Still going, though (on and off). My tree is in my way too! How funny is that???:lol

Stacy - I was meaning to tell you... no worries about being behind with your flannelghan... I'll hang with you and catch up! I actually have 1 more to get done - 'ghan that is... BIL's is not done:eek

Vicki - :hug:hug I am thinking of you today... how was your conference?

Beth - How is your leg feeling? Are your inventions helping you out?:hug

Scooby - How are you feeling? I hope that you got to rest some more today, and that you are doing ok with your bruises:hug

Mary - Did DH have a wonderful birthday? How are you doing?

Colleen - what's going on in your neck of the woods tonight?

Joanne - :cheerGo Rutgers!!! :cheer Are you getting to :crocheting during the game tonight? It sounds like you and DH had a fun filled day!:hug

Judy :( did you get to keep all of your SKY friends? I am glad you found a new home with us!:hug

Tena - How are you and your family doing? I hope you are getting to relax and enjoy the season:hug

:hi to Victoria, Jenn, and anybody I might be forgetting:think:blush :hug:manyheartto you all!

All I have left to do is to pick up 3 more gifts, food for Christmas dinner, and something to wear to the Boston Ballet on wednesday:yay

It hasn't started :snowing here yet, but It's Coming!!!! Tonight and tomorrow will be spent hunkered in with my tribe:D I got a roast beef for dinner tomorrow:P We'll have it with mashed taters, green beans, corn and crescent rolls! mmmmm.... comfort food on a snowy Sunday!

I gotta go for now, and mark my spot on the couch for this game!!! See you in a bit:U:manyheart

Amazing as always! We had the best seats of all the years we've gone. But DD wasn't having it, so she and DH had to drive around and wait for me:( I left about 1/2 hour before it was over. I still loved it though!

Hunkered down in my fav chair waiting for the Rutgers game to start- The snow is still coming down- and yes, it is heading your way LeaAnne!! It is so pretty out- glad that I can stay home for the rest of the weekend- we had meatloaf, red potatoes and carrots tonight. Tomorrow is a baked chicken, noodles and broccoli. Leftover meatloaf sandwiches for lunch- so we are all set to stay inside for the day.

Enjoy the game Shannon- Geaux Saints!!!

Good for you ready to join the flannelghan- mine will not be ready until I finish the last strip- which will probably not be till next weekend.

Oh, and we are having pancakes for breakfast. DH did the shopping so we are having his favorite foods- but that is fine by me. I think I might bake some cookies tomorrow too- we'll see- depends if I'm in a crochet mood or a baking mood...lol

WTG, Shannon! look at you... cleaning, posting, watching football and :crocheting all at the same time! Now THAT's multi-tasking! :rofl...

I am glad you got to enjoy the show, even if you had to cut it short... how are DH and our Janna? She must be all kinds of excited about Santa coming!:yes:yay:santa

I'm baaa-aack!

Yes, Janna is excited for Santa. But she didn't want to visit him! Oh, well. Maybe next year. She's at Grandma's tonight, having a slumber party with her cousin! Fun!

Hey, that's cool that she gets to have a sleepover with her cousin! My Lindsey would never visit with Santa, or the Easter Bunny, or ChuckECheese, and not even Mickey!!!! She got creeped out by them:shrug

:hi, Joanne!

We posted at the same time... How are you?

Your menu sounds dee-lish! Are you gonna bake Toll House cookies tomorrow? I think I am!:devil

yes-they are my favorites,,,i used to make them all the time when it snowed

Archived