Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

It is hard coming into a thread cold - I have charity baby ghan I started...so as usual, I'll have multiple WIPS going again!:lol

Neat blanket - did you guys exchange squares or something here?

We did when we had the SKY Cal. I have to border and join all of mine

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute 'ghan Scooby! My join-as-you go looks kind of turned in...does that make sense? The joining row seems to turn toward the right side of the 'ghan, but the back looks smoother. Should I have the right side or the wrong side facing me when I join?

Mary - How was your Christmas party? How did your gifts go over in the exchange--a hit for sure!

Joanne - How is your DD enjoying her new position in the OR?

Stacy - did you get to see the Dr.?

Judy - I'm sure it would be hard to join a CAL in the middle, but we are glad you did :D:hug That Kissinger one is kind of moving too quickly for me to keep up with. I have trouble enough keeping up with this gang here :lol We are doing a square exchange and one or two are still in the mail or waiting to be mailed. So no one has actually joined and completed a project with them yet. We made all our squares more or less the same, sent one to everyone and kept one for ourselves so we should all have more or less the same squares to begin with but what we do with them is up to us.

We are doing a square exchange and one or two are still in the mail or waiting to be mailed. So no one has actually joined and completed a project with them yet. We made all our squares more or less the same, sent one to everyone and kept one for ourselves so we should all have more or less the same squares to begin with but what we do with them is up to us.

That was a very nice idea!:yes

TY Colleen. When I use the join as you go method I have the right side facing me. I am not sure why it is turning in/right. Do you have pics that you can show. Maybe if I can see it I can help you better. Which method are you using?

Hi Besties!!!! Seems like mostly everyone was having a very nice day while I was slaving away at work:rofl

Not that all of you are not working in some capacity-you know cleaning, gabbing, running errands, baking, taking care of DK's or DGk's.....

Had a very busy day- I think I am beginning to feel the pressure of Christmas and not enough done to be ready- had a small argument with DH tonight when I got home- kind of trivial actually-oh well.

DH hasn't heard yet- probably not till next week. DD's are doing well- Youngest loves the switch from ER to OR!- she is learning alot and is so much less stressed. Lots to learn about all the instruments and such but she'll do fine. I am glad she is happy with her decision. Middle DD registered for Grad school classes and is planning her move back to NJ to live with her BF while she attends school and works at the college. Hopefull this will all work out for her. DD in Boston is doing well- won't see her for Christmas, but going up in Jan for a long weekend over the MLK holiday. Middle DD is thinking of going to Boston for christmas to spend with her sister.

Scooby I love that ghan you made- so cheerful It made me :) when I looked at it. I think I'll look into audiobooks too Thanks for the info on the READS- i'll have to check it out at my library

Colleen- glad that DD is feeling better - hopefully she can go to school tomorrow to enjoy her holiday party and you can finish your shopping.

Shannon- have fun at the TSO concert- you have really been busy! The Saints Game, the wedding, now the concert! Whew! Have a good time

Judy- I skimmed over the Kissinger CAL- :lol just way too much for me now! But have fun and I like that strip scarf you picked out.

LeaAnne-:ty:day with your post. I am so glad you started this CAL and so glad that I decided to join. There is a reason for everything and you gals are the bestie-est group of gals! I so look forward to checking out what everyone has been doing and to starting my day with a good morning to you all. You all mean so much to me and I hope that one day soon, we'll meet- who knows LeaAnne, it just might work out in Jan that I get to meet you:manyheart

Vicki- Go Lima Green- I thought the same thing as LeaAnne when I read your post about DD's next belt- lime green- must be something about that color in this group!!! I watched the Devils who won!! (sorry bout your Rangers- NOT:lol) Not sure who is playing tonight either- but I'll probably put it on while I :crocheting- somehow :crocheting is not as fun when you feel pressured to keep on hooking for the holidays...hmm. that didn't sound right- but you get what I'm trying to say!

Beth- how's the boarder and when does homeschool get out for Christmas break? Did you take the trip in Quicksilver to get wht you wanted to get (forgive, me I forget what it was that you had to go get over the bridge tunnel..:think

Mary- Hope you had fun at the Christmas party and that you are keeping nice and toasty warm and enjoying having your computer back,

Everyone-----have a spendiferous-ness evening! Love you all:manyheart

My dear besties:

This year, it is particularly hard for many of us to go from :grinch:smiling to :santa:U...

Let's face it: It HAS been a tough year.

Thankfully, though, we have had each other to get us through it!:manyheart:ghug I think we need each other especially right now!:cheer

Tomorrow night is our last Friday Night Chat before Christmas....It's a:ctree:party!

For tomorrow night, we change our name from Clean Along to Holiday Open-House (code name: Ho-ho! :santa:wink!)

(Let's see if we can cook up the best bash that C'ville has ever seen!)

This is what we need to do to get ready:

Each of us will sign up to "bring something". Then, before tomorrow night at 9:30 Eastern time, we need to make sure that we have gathered those things. That way, we can enjoy some Christmas Cheer together!!!

If you click "quote" on this post, you can add your name to the list.

so.... Are you IN?:devil

I will start:

LeaAnne will bring Hot Chocolate with marshmallows, a :candycane, :cchip:cchip, and a :gift

I'll try to be here for chat- I really want to, so hopefully I'll get home at a fairly decent hour like tonight and can get some things done before chat and sleepy time!

I'll have a much better idea tomorrow when I get home from work. And if I can make it I am bringing Peppermint Mocha lattes or Caramel Brulee Lattes from my fav coffee place- SB.:yes

Hey ladies!

(((((((((Leanne))))))))))) :hug to you! Thank you so much for you post. I really feel the same way about all of you. Thank you for starting this CAL, and I am so glad that I decided to join. I have so much fun reading what you all are up to, and I look forward to checking in everyday. :manyheart I should be here for chat tomorrow, so I will bring gingersnaps (because I am making some tonight) and regular brewed coffee, for those of you who don't like flavored ones. :wink

Ok, I had planned to stay and talk to everyone, but Eva just came inside and she is FILTHY!!! I will be back after I giver her a bath. :hug

:dance:yay:yay I have some very exciting news and have had ants in my pants to tell you all about it since I heard. DH bought us tickets to go see Jersey Boys in Toronto in March. :dance:jumpyay:woo:bounce:2spin:heart I had hinted that I would love to go as a big, unrealistic, unlikely Christmas gift, but he bought them for our anniversary (which is in April). I am so excited!!!! He thinks musicals are silly, but he must be somewhat excited if he had to tell me the day he bought them. There you go, Judy, sometimes men do get us!!!

I am happy to say I will be here for the party tomorrow night and I will be bringing the music and perhaps some entertainment. I told DH about it to make sure we didn't have plans....:rofl sorry, what I just said was so funny...plans :rofl...anyway, I told him I had to bring something to the party. He suggested I bring him in a bow tie :eek:blush What has gotten into that boy?

Gotta go fill out DD's birthday party invitations. Her birthday is the first Saturday after school starts back, so I kinda gotta hand out the invitations before the Christmas break because I don't know where 2 of the kids live that she wants to invite. This is our first birthday party. :ohdear

:dance:yay:yay I have some very exciting news and have had ants in my pants to tell you all about it since I heard. DH bought us tickets to go see Jersey Boys in Toronto in March. :dance:jumpyay:woo:bounce:2spin:heart I had hinted that I would love to go as a big, unrealistic, unlikely Christmas gift, but he bought them for our anniversary (which is in April). I am so excited!!!! He thinks musicals are silly, but he must be somewhat excited if he had to tell me the day he bought them. There you go, Judy, sometimes men do get us!!!

I am happy to say I will be here for the party tomorrow night and I will be bringing the music and perhaps some entertainment. I told DH about it to make sure we didn't have plans....:rofl sorry, what I just said was so funny...plans :rofl...anyway, I told him I had to bring something to the party. He suggested I bring him in a bow tie :eek:blush What has gotten into that boy?

That's great!! I heard it's very good - even if the cast you see is different from the one here in NY. We saw the Las Vegas cast of Mama Mia about 3 years ago and they were terrific...you'll have a blast! And I believe DH will, too:yes

:cheerColleen---Congrats on that awesome Anniversary gift- how fun to have that to look forward to over the winter months!!! And have fun planning DD's 5th Birthday Party- first one ever!

Well, gotta go get the:chook and :yarn!

That's great!! I heard it's very good - even if the cast you see is different from the one here in NY. We saw the Las Vegas cast of Mama Mia about 3 years ago and they were terrific...you'll have a blast! And I believe DH will, too:yes

Thanks Judy! I'm looking forward to it!

:hi Shannon, I'm here How are you>?

Judy - how right you are!!!:yes:hug

How could you tell I needed a hug? This is the second blow up in a week!

I'm happy to be going out tonight...in a few minutes... to head to a neighbor's house. A bunch of us women are having a Christmas party:D

CU all tomorrow.

How could you tell I needed a hug? This is the second blow up in a week!

I'm happy to be going out tonight...in a few minutes... to head to a neighbor's house. A bunch of us women are having a Christmas party:D

CU all tomorrow.

Awww, here's a :hug from me too, Judy. Enjoy your girls night out!

I'm good. Congrats on your tickets! Did you tell DH about my football tickets?

Thanks, yes I did tell him about your football tickets. He always asks me for a wish list and I don't want more stuff I have to clean or dust. I enjoy the theatre but we don't go much. March will be perfect because we don't have to worry so much about weather. We could have gone over the winter but you just never know if you'll get there.

I'm well, Shannon- and you? Have a blast at the TSO concert!! Sounds like so much fun.

I should be finishing the scarf I started last night- I am just not in the mood- but it is sitting here on the arm of my chair staring at me and "telling" me it needs to get finished!:lol

Archived