Krakovianka

Broomstick lace in ripple?

Can anyone point me to some directions or a tutorial for how to make broomstick lace ripple? Thanks a bunch if anyone knows! (I've been web-searching, and I'm off to CPC to dig a little deeper, but so far no joy, so I'm asking the experts--you guys.)

I've only fiddled a bit with broomstick lace, just to see how it turned out - I've never actually made anything....

But it seems to me that on the valleys you'd have to reduce by two of the lace motifs, and increase by two at the points. So you'd reduce more stitches at the valleys, and increase more at the top.

Does that make sense or help at all? I'm probably not the best person to respond, but I thought I'd toss that out there. Good luck! :cheer

Would a decrease be where you join more loops....? I also have only fiddeled with BL, so I'm just guessing...

I have never done a ripple but I have done broomstick lace, so I am guessing here.

Way 1 -

Include more loops for the valleys and less loops for the hills.

Way 2 -

Work less stitches into the loops for the valleys and more stitches into the loops for the hills.

You could try both and see which looks best.

Remember, Google is your best friend! Just Google

broomstick lace increase

and you'll find some tutorials, combined with decreasing.

Jean Leinhauser