wonderful heirloom quilt

grannyzkraftz

I already have a post in the doll section about the vintage doll set with pictures of the dolls and their maker my grandmother in 1946 in the picture below is the quilt that was started by my grandmother before becoming ill and passing away she was only able to finish the star my mother kept it for many many years my sisters and I were able to sneak it out when she wasn't looking and gave it to my husband's mother to finish it then we surprised mom on her 70th birthday in the picture is my mother in red on the right of the picture my mother in law in the back of the quilt and my aunt (mom's sister) to the left in the picture there was one other sister who could no attend the birthday celebration needless to say my mother was very surprised and happy unfortunatelyI do not get the quilt after my mom passed away my oldest sister has it (FOR NOW) for now being the keywords

post-23461-135897514082_thumb.jpg

I would love to learn how to do that.

I am going to learn i hope I now have my MIL's quilt stretcher it was made by my FIL who passed on many many years ago and it has been used to make so many wonderful quilts I know it will take some time to larn but once i do I think it will be alot of fun

What a treasure to have in the family you ought to write the history of it and pictures keep it with it. Sometimes things get forgotten but what a treasure to past on in the family. It is truly a blessing too.

What a treasure to have in the family you ought to write the history of it and pictures keep it with it. Sometimes things get forgotten but what a treasure to past on in the family. It is truly a blessing too.

I have the info in my blog but yea i thought i should write it down if i can ever get it from my oldest sister she insisted she should get it when mom passed but it wasnt her MIL that finished it so i think i may have a fight on my hands with this one

Archived