Locker Hooks

tayzeanna

I was never able to find locker hooks at HL, so I ordered mine from ebay. As far as I know they only come in one size.....equivalent to a 'G' crochet hook. There are people that are starting to make hooks for 'knooking' or knitting with a crochet hook. I just ordered several on etsy, an F, H, and K.

Do these come in one size only at Hobby Lobby? If so, what do i do about gauges?

I ordered mine online. There are only 2 sizes.

A G/H size and a B/C size Id guess.

What do you mean gauges? Locker hooking doenst use a gauge.

If you mean for knitting with a crochet hook, you only will be able to use patterns that use that MM hook size you have.

The problem I've found is that the hook mm doesn't translate to the needle mm--knooking is looser (in my brief experience). You are going to have to count your actual stitch gauge (if you are working from a knitting pattern). You may need to use a 4mm hook for a 6mm needle for example (wild guessing)

Here is a reference to compare mm size

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/hooks.html

what are locker hooks? i tryed to search them but it came up with actual gym locker hooks lol

Locker hooks are used for locker hooking. They are essentially crochet hooks with an eye in the end of them that you put your fabric through, but for knooking you thread a cable or string through the eye and that is where your 'live' sts hang out until you turn your work to knit them.

The problem I've found is that the hook mm doesn't translate to the needle mm--knooking is looser (in my brief experience). You are going to have to count your actual stitch gauge (if you are working from a knitting pattern). You may need to use a 4mm hook for a 6mm needle for example (wild guessing)

Here is a reference to compare mm size

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/hooks.html

Yeah its not that they hook mm doesnt translate, it does, width is width of a needle. Its that personal gauge varies and if you are making clothes etc its important.

Either way, the sizes of locker hooks are too small for what she needs even if she works very loosely a 2.0mm is never going to cut it as a 6.5 mm.

Id recommend you buy the actually amazing needle or make you own by making a hole in the end of a hook.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant was (and again, this may be my own personal gauge/technique) -knooking with the same mm tool is much looser than needle knitting. Here is the result of my swatching - while they aren't exactly the same mm, if I'd used a larger 6mm knook I'd have gotten FEWER stitches in 3"

10 st = 3" for 5.5 mm knook in sc (smaller tool, bigger stitch)

13 st = 3" for 6 mm needle in stockinette (bigger tool, smaller stitch)

That's why I was guessing that for me, I would probably need a much smaller mm knook than the mm needle called out in the pattern, to hit gauge.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I meant was (and again, this may be my own personal gauge/technique) -knooking with the same mm tool is much looser than needle knitting. Here is the result of my swatching - while they aren't exactly the same mm, if I'd used a larger 6mm knook I'd have gotten FEWER stitches in 3"

10 st = 3" for 5.5 mm knook in sc (smaller tool, bigger stitch)

13 st = 3" for 6 mm needle in stockinette (bigger tool, smaller stitch)

That's why I was guessing that for me, I would probably need a much smaller mm knook than the mm needle called out in the pattern, to hit gauge.

Ahh I understand, yeah if she is doing a project that gauge matters you would definitely want to check that.

I have never knitted clothing with an amazing needle, or knitting needle and hats, scarfs and dish clothes didnt mind.

But you're absolutely right, check gauge.

Archived