granny square - 2 sizes in same throw?

is it possible to make 2 sizes of granny square and sew them together for one throw. i mean if i made 4 of the 2 row grannies would they sew together to make the same size as a 4 row granny? does that make sense? so i could have 2 row grannies in the same throw as 4 row ones?

ty

Definitely - I'm working on this one... (scroll down)

http://www.alaskanpurl.com/2009/07/grannys-square-afghan-pattern-finally.html

Wow! I haven't made a "standard" granny square afghan in many years, but the colors in this pattern are so luscious that I've printed out the pattern. Now, if I can just duplicate those wonderful colors in yarn scraps I have rather than buying that pricey Noro yarn . . .

Anyway, thanks for posting that link. Please be sure to post a photo of yours when it's done.

Wow! I haven't made a "standard" granny square afghan in many years, but the colors in this pattern are so luscious that I've printed out the pattern. Now, if I can just duplicate those wonderful colors in yarn scraps I have rather than buying that pricey Noro yarn . . .

Anyway, thanks for posting that link. Please be sure to post a photo of yours when it's done.

It'll be a while until mine is finished - Like you, I'm using scraps to make this instead of buying the pricey yarn. So, I'm only using the scraps that are pretty jewel tones!

sure! you can mix lots of different squares in one afghan :-)

here is one I found on flickr that I love!!! (not mine)

babette blanket nearly finished

and here is one a bit more simple that I made for a Chirstmas present last year:

grandma rita's afghan

sometimes it helps if you draw it out on paper with a grid. Color the different size squares in a random pattern that suits you :-) have fun!!!

Hello!

When I first learned how to crochet, I made grannies, the traditional type, that was all I knew how to make for years, when i want to make something quickly, I always go back to a basic granny, they always pick me up!:c9

The possibilities are endless!

Back to crocheting:hook

Archived