Sugar & Cream Scarf by Mickie Akins

Threecats

Here is a scarf I just finished. It is a pattern from Think Pink Crochet for the Cure.

There were several errors in the pattern, the first one was that it said it took 1,000 yards of yarn to make this. I used less than one skein of 395 yards to make it. The second glaring error was that it said to chain 302, then dc in the 4th chain from hook and each chain across for 300 dcs. Everyone knows that 302 minus 3 is 299 (unless they are using alien math).

I also had a hard time reading the pattern because everything was run together in long paragraphs with only semicolons for punctuation. I had to frog this thing 3 times, the first time I was 2/3 of the way done with it when I realized I misread the pattern, that happened 2 more times even with me taking notes and writing all instructions out in "english."

I was determined to finish it and I did today. I love it, I love the color. I think it would look good in any color and now that I know the pattern and I have my notes, I will probably make more. It's very pretty.

post-14814-135897510459_thumb.jpg

post-14814-135897510468_thumb.jpg

It really is a beautiful scarf. I have the pattern book also and haven't read this one yet. I will make a note about the many errors. TFS!

• 10 months later...

Am working on same scarf currently and stumbled across your posts while looking for help in reading this pattern. Would very much like to know the corrections, as I am trying to teach myself even though I have known the basics since I was young, but just learning to really read the patterns. This one, I have found very confusing, especially at the ends of the of row 2.

Thank you,

Renee

myangelstitches@aol.com

Archived