For Haiti

distinctives123

Hi crochetville family.

I wanted to say I went to Haiti on a Missionary trip in 2000. I have been thinking what can be crocheted for them. It is too hot there for afghans.

I am planning on making comfort dolls, sock monkeys, stuffed animals for the children. I remember how happy they were when we passed out candy and small toys.

My church org has regional directors everywhere we have missionaries. So to be sure the pkg gets there and is delivered and handed out to the children I will send pkg to the the regional director.

Anyone wanting to help I'd appreciate it and I know the children will too.

It will take awhile to make enough to send, so by the time I have a good size pkg ready Haiti should be better at receiving things.

If your willing to make one of the above and send it to me I WILL include it in the pkg. Just pm me. Thanks...:manyheart

I'd be happy to make some if my parents agree! When do you need them by? Or does it not matter?

So, if we make them, will we send them to you? Or will you give us the address to some one who can send them?

Thanks! I'd LOVE to help! :D

C4J

I was trying to think of what to make this weekend and don't have many Ami patterns. Today I found BevsCountryCottage has a page with ideas and links. One is accepting squares for afghans for them to sleep on (I had wondered about that myself).

One item that she has a pattern for is a Washcloth (middle of page). That would be a good item for them to have. Maybe not as fun for the kids as a toy. Unless maybe a small toy was attached or it was the shape of something (a cute fish Applique pattern could be used if it was large enough. Or something similar).

Just some additional ideas.

Debbi

Archived