I made a felted purse!!

srhncl

I made my first felted purse in about 30 minutes last night I wish it was a tad bit bigger but overall I am absolute thrilled with it. I used the new wool yarn at Joann.com it's called Debbie Stoller, Full O' Sheep and this pattern:

http://trinketsbytracey.blogspot.com/2006/11/broccoli-bobble-bag-pattern.html

post-31924-135897496485_thumb.jpg

Nice job- I have a bunch of Patons Wool I had gotten on clearance and want to make the bag in the Chicks N' Sticks book. I'm dying to try felting!

It is so much easier than I imagined. You just crochet as usual although it will be much bigger, I put my purse in a cotton pillowcase and washed it on the longest setting in my washer hot wash/ cold rinse then hang to dry. Much simpler than I thought, I was actually afraid it was going to be a long drawn out process.

It looks great. Very pretty colors. I just started felting, and I LOVE it! One of the things I felted were leaves. I wanted it to dry flat, but it's been so cold that I figured it would take forever to dry. So, I laid the pieces on top of a floor vent, laid a blanket on top of that, and then a mini suitcase to hold it all down. They came out perfect. I like the feeling of anticipation waiting to see how the final piece will come out. I think I'm hooked. LOL

Archived