fingerless gloves

Addey

My office is freezing, and my fingers always get cold when I type. So, I decided I needed a pair of fingerless gloves.

I had some sock yarn lying around that I'd picked up that I loved, and found this pattern through CPC for wristers made with sock weight yarn. I had to go up a hook size and I added one round at the bottom and about 3 or 4 rounds at the top (I wanted them to come up higher on my fingers). I also thought they were great because I got to play with gussets. I'm still not sure what the difference between the two gloves are, other than one had me add stitches at the beginning and the other at the end... they fit the same on either hand. They fit great, are lightweight and warm.

I used just over a half skein of Deborah Norville Serenity sockweight from Joann's.

post-9603-135897495726_thumb.jpg

post-9603-13589749574_thumb.jpg

(I'm still not good with the new photo adding tools...)

Very nice! I love fingerless gloves, they keep my hands from freezing while I work on the computer. :)

They're also great at night - a comfort to my arthritic hands.

Thanks Alesha. I love the way the yarn colors patterned. I have several more skeins and want to actually make socks from them, but I'm having a hard time settling on a pattern.

Yep, I have the rest of the skein sitting on my desk at home, waiting for a sock pattern or some other inspiration.

Also, I had to go up a hook size from the one in the pattern, and I don't have big hands. The cuff at the wrist doesn't have a lot of give due to the starting chain, but it's easy enough to get my hands in. I suggest after you get the first round or so done, try them on to make sure they're not going to be too small to get on and adjust your hook size from there if you need to.

They're wearing very well as I made them around Thanksgiving (took me about 6 hours total... but I kept having to put it down...) and they're still looking great and not pilling up much at all.

Archived