source for 4" dolls?

I used to be able to find the 3-4" size "kewpie" dolls at my local hobby lobby. I just noticed in the last couple weeks that there are none on the shelf where they used to be...and no empty peg either!...online? nothing. Looks like they've been discontinued. They were the perfect size for the cradle purses I make.

other cradle purse makers have suggested walmart...that they have a 4-pk of small dolls...can't seem to find those here either.

I have found tiny teddy bears, and I've used those in a pinch (they are kinda cute) but I'd really like to find more cute 4" dolls.

Does anyone have a source? (I've checked the big chains' sites that I can find up here...michaels, joanne, hobby-lobby, walmart, and target...so far, no luck)

TIA

I use to buy mine at Crafts etc. but noticed they did not have them either. Depends on what you want to pay. AA has 5" Lots of Love dolls.

I can look around how many do you need?:hook

My Hobby Lobby does not carry the Kewpie dolls anymore either. On top of that all our Wal-Marts have discontinued the little doll's everyone uses for the cradle purses, marked them down to .75 so when I came across some I picked them up. I have seen them at one or two Wal-Marts still marked down for clearance and figured these parrticular stores must have had an extra case or two in the back. I have purchased a few Lot's to Love babies from Annie's Attic but only for special gift cradle purses. I just got a new catalog from Annie's Attic and I thought they had gone up in price but I didn't save my old catalog so I can't be sure.

The Lots to Love ARE adorable...(and eventually I would love to get one (for me ;)))...but I'm thinking of making several cradle purses, and even if those 5" LtL are still $5...that adds up REALLY fast.

I'll have to keep looking at my local $ stores. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm hoping to keep the dolls close to $1...the kewpies were about 1.50 here (or just under)...so that's about the price I'm aiming for. those were my favorite, so if anyone can find them online (I have googled, but so far, nothing) or something similar, that'd be just AWESOME!

Thanks again.

my dear friend, PLEASE e-mail me your adress, I have a couple of the 5 inch lots of love dolls from AA, I bought them when I could do that little crochet, pleas e-mail me I would love to give them to you. I have to mail out things monday when I go to dyalisis so I will get them in the mail for you okay? JoAnnDillon at mchsi dot com

hugs JoAnn

please DO e-mail me, I cant always get here to the site but I DO check into my e-mails, or have my sister check for me

Archived