Ripple Blanket for a friend's daughter

crochet mama

My friend's daughter has come down with some kind of drug-resistant staph infection. She has not gotten worse over the weekend, but has not gotten better. They are also afraid for long term exposure to the anti-biotics she's on. They'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow.

But, I just HAD to whip up a blanket for her. I used a pattern from a Red Heart Baby ripple pattern book. Instead of using baby yarn, I used Caron Simply Soft and an H hook. I realized that I needed 19 stitches per ripple so I adjusted the pattern based on that. It measures approx. 20" x 35".

Sorry about the photo quality. My lens was smudged and I didn't realize it until after I boxed up the blanket. :blush

emilyripple1.jpg

emilyripple2.jpg

That is so pretty. I love the colors!! Ripples are my favorite. When you find a pattern that works up quickly, hang on to it!!! It is a great back up in "emergency" situations. Looks snuggly!!!!!! :c9

Exactly! It only took 2 days and I would have been done sooner had I more time to devote to it. ;)

It's super snuggly - the Caron simply soft does that. It's bright pink and purple. I asked her mom what her favorite colors were and they are pink and purple. I was looking for a softer pink, but Walmart didn't have any so the bright pink was bought. I thought it was a bit much at first, but I think it's great. Especially for a 7-year-old. :hook

Archived