Is this a strange idea?

I have a very small bathroom. It's carpeted and the size makes it very hard to clean the floor. I had been looking at rug patterns for my kitchen and came across an enormous area rug. I really had no intention of making a big area rug, but I was in the bathroom this morning and thought what a great idea for a small bathroom. This way I could just take up the area rug and wash it in the washing machine. My husband thinks I'm nuts lol. What's your opinions? Think it would be tacky?

Old T-shirts or cotton socks are also suitable for a crocheted area rug. If you go to a thrift shop or garage sale you can probably find loads of them. I also wouldn't use regular yarn for this project. If you use T-shirts, you would cut off the binding on the neck (arms, or waist), and then you would start cutting on a spiral for one continuous strand. I think there might be tutorials on the net on how to do this.

Oh socks or t-shirts would be a great idea but maybe too thick for what I want. I literally was thinking of covering the entire floor, corners and all. It's a very small bathroom! I checked out colors the other day. I live 1/2 an hour from the nearest craft store and they are really limited when it comes to materials. I probably will have to order online.

Archived