doll clothes?

RebeccaVelasquez

Question

i am wondering if anyone has used baby patterns for dolls? does it work? my daughter has an Adora doll that she drags everywhere and only has 3 outfits for it. i was thinking about (in the future, after some WIPs are out of the way) making some dresses for Hannah-the doll. just wondering if it would work... the neck hole and such. Hannah is about the size of a 2-3 month old.

BTW, if anyone is searching for a good quality doll to give to a special young girl these are great!

6 answers to this question

I make baby clothes all the time and use dolls as models. It works beautifully. If you'd like to see some of my things, just follow the link in my signature, but I must warn you, making baby clothes is addictive. I can't seem to stop.

Dot

I just spent the last 10-15 minutes on your website looking at your projects. I AM impressed, what beautiful work you've done! And the picture of the 90+ hats you made to donate just took my breath away. What a blessing you are! Are the patterns originals of yours? I have copied several and look forward to giving them a try. Nice, nice, nice :manyheart .

I just spent the last 10-15 minutes on your website looking at your projects. I AM impressed, what beautiful work you've done! And the picture of the 90+ hats you made to donate just took my breath away. What a blessing you are! Are the patterns originals of yours? I have copied several and look forward to giving them a try. Nice, nice, nice :manyheart .
Thank you! I'm glad you like my site. Yes, the patterns are my originals. I hope you enjoy them. I sure have a lot of fun designing them.

i am wondering if anyone has used baby patterns for dolls? does it work? my daughter has an Adora doll that she drags everywhere and only has 3 outfits for it. i was thinking about (in the future, after some WIPs are out of the way) making some dresses for Hannah-the doll. just wondering if it would work... the neck hole and such. Hannah is about the size of a 2-3 month old.

BTW, if anyone is searching for a good quality doll to give to a special young girl these are great!

I have used regular baby patterns for my regular dolls, quite a few times. The only one I have left is the one in the Christening dress. I don't see why you can't use the same patterns.

I have a book called Dolly (spelling?) and me. There are dresses that fit the doll and the little girl. I made one for my granddaughter and she won a prize in the 4th of July parade with it. :clap They have some cute outfits.

It is available if you would like a copy.

Yeah, my mum made some for our dolls, when my sister and I were small. She wasn't quite finished making baby's clothes when my sister and I got bigger, and her sisters were quite a few years off having more babies ;)

They were some of the most beutiful dolls clothes I'd seen when I was little. Yay for my mum! :cheer

OMG! I had no idea what these dolls were, so I had to find out. I want one!!!!!!!!!!! I now know what to add to my Christmas list...lol! My poor mom is going to think I flipped....26 years old and asking for a doll. But those are so adorable!

Archived