mesh scarf & headband

contrary.crocheter

I found a skein of Lion Brand Thick and Quick in my stash last night and it took about 15 minutes to make a mesh scarf, then I hot glued and wrapped an old headband to make one that matched the scarf. My daughter loved it and it made me want to run out and buy a ton of this yarn! I have a lot of tweens on my list this christmas and I think this may a good option!

post-16535-135897475785_thumb.jpg

post-16535-135897475787_thumb.jpg

That is great- I have some thick and quick- thanks for the idea! What pattern did you use for the mesh scarf? Love that headband too!

I just chained as long as I wanted it to hang and then in about the 5th chain from the hook I did a *dc, ch1 and I skipped a chain* repeated ** all the way across and did the last dc in about the 3rd beg ch. I turned, chained 4 and and then dc in the top of the dc from the previous row, ch 1 and continued that across. as I finished each row, I just took a look to see how much yarn I had left and if I thought I could get through another row. I used a P hook and ended up with 3 rows of the double crochet, enough to make the headband and still a small ball of yarn left over.

Hope that makes sense!

I had some headbands I got in a pack of 3 from the dollar tree that I used to cover with yarn. good luck!

Archived