New Scripture Afghan CAL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thankyou very much but I cannot see the download button on that pattern is this rite lesley

I am not sure why you can't see it. you can download it from the Leisure Arts website...just do a search for Scripture afghan plus Leisure Arts and you should be able to find the link. hope this helps. the pattern is 4.99 to download and you can get it immediately.

http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=64&idcategory

I couldn't find my pattern so I did download it from Leisure Arts. I will pull out my stash this afternoon and try to pick my colors. I have a doily that I have a deadline on so hopefully, I will be able to sneak a couple of squares in too.

My hubby wants me to make my mil one of these too. I think I will make her a lapghan sized one and give it to her for Christmas.

Can't wait to get started.

Welcome Sarah!! We are thrilled to have you join us!:yay Wow! that Christmas goal will keep you hopping! I am sure your BIL will love it...it is an amazing pattern!

ARe you doing 2 of each square? I am considering making more of a lapghan and just doing 1 of each. we'll see how the first couple go! We have been on the road all day today and I am happy to have tomorrow free so I can finally get started! Look forward to seeing your squares!

Yes I am going to do 2 of each square so it will be full size blanket, I think that he is the only one in the family that I have not made anything for yet so I want it to be a good size. I am loving these squares, I am trying to come up with a neat way to diagram the squares and the scriptures that go with them, something that I can put in his gift with the blanket, anyone got any ideas?

I have been thinking about the same thing. I don't like the idea of tying them on because it needs to be functional and not just something pretty to look at. I use print shop for everything and love it so I will play with that trying to figure something out. I also have a laminator...they are not very expensive and I buy the sheets at SAMS for a great price so I laminate all my patterns and bookmarks. I will probably laminate so the chart will be lasting. let us know what you come up with...I will do the same

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I just started on the 24th square in Red, then I will be halfway there and ready to start on the blue ones! Can't wait to get this one done and see it all put together. I can't wait to give it to my BIL for xmas I know he will appreciate it, he is such a sweet man.

Well I've kinda lost interest already! :blush I'm only on the 4th square but it's just not "doing it" for me! Anyone else out there having the same problem???? :think

I usually get tired of squares fairly quickly but this one has really held my attention. The xmas deadline is really keeping me motivated too!

AAHHH! I got to my very last square and ran out of yarn about halfway through!! I thought no problem I will get some more at the store today. Wouldn't you just know it, they are out of that color!! Oh well I will put together what I can without that one until I can get some more of that yarn. :(

AAHHH! I got to my very last square and ran out of yarn about halfway through!! I thought no problem I will get some more at the store today. Wouldn't you just know it, they are out of that color!! Oh well I will put together what I can without that one until I can get some more of that yarn. :(

Yikes! that is frustrating! I hope you can find the yarn you need!

I just finished my 4th square and am hoping to get some pictures taken and up here soon. We have been on the run so much lately, time just seems to be flying by! Now that volleyball is over I am hoping our schedue will slow down! we are also getting some snow predictions for this weekend so I am looking forward to getting in some decent crochet time!

Hang in there Deb!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't started on mine. I probably won't make my Christmas deadline. I am looking forward to starting on this but I have 2 projects ahead of it and I am sticking to my New Year's resolution of only 1 project at a time. I can't believe I've actually stuck with it but more of my projects are getting done.

I'm hoping to be able to start on this in the next week or so. I will post pics as I progress.

Good morning Ladies,

I have this pattern but I've been working everyday since May and I haven't had a chance to do any crocheting. I'm taking a few vacation days this week and I'll finish up my vacation the 2nd or 3rd week in December. I would like to join this CAL. One or two of the ladies in the "SKY" cal started it but it's not the main focus. I want to work along with others. I will eventually finish the one I started but I want to start with new colors in this cal.

I hope I can catch up. Have a great day ladies.

Good morning Ladies,

I have this pattern but I've been working everyday since May and I haven't had a chance to do any crocheting. I'm taking a few vacation days this week and I'll finish up my vacation the 2nd or 3rd week in December. I would like to join this CAL. One or two of the ladies in the "SKY" cal started it but it's not the main focus. I want to work along with others. I will eventually finish the one I started but I want to start with new colors in this cal.

I hope I can catch up. Have a great day ladies.

great to have you! I am just at the beginning stages myself...it can be hard to find the time at the holidays. I hope to have a few days to devote to this too! let us know what colors you choose!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived