Items for Teenage Parent Program

Croshay

I'd like to collect as many items as possible for our local T.A.P.P. school. They have 140-150 students and try to encourage attendance around the holidays, since many of the young mothers miss school in order to work more so they can buy things for their babies.

My church is getting together some things to donate to the school so the girls can have essentials for their babies and not have to miss school in order to get them.

The wish list of the school includes the following:

Baby bottles

Rattles

Teethers

Sipper cups

Pacifiers

Bibs

Baby blankets

Infant and toddler sleepers (newborn to 3T)

Onesies

Clothes - two-piece outfits

Toys (age-appropriate for newborn through age 3)

Winnie the Pooh toys

Trucks/cars/school buses

Stuffed animals

Musical toys

All donations must be there by 12/7, and I would greatly appreciate any items you would like to donate - crocheted or non-crocheted! :hook

If you would like to contribute any items, please PM me for the mailing address.

:ty so much for considering helping out!

I've also made 2 hats so far, from CroJulee's great new pattern (not yet available; just tested within the last few days)...more hats to come...it works up fast and easy, and I think they're adorable! Good job, Julee!

:cheer

I can't post the pic for some reason...will try again tomorrow.

my best friend had a baby when she was 17, and she's giving up her boy for adoption. the adoptive parents have a lot of things that they can give, plus i have a lot of crochet patterns i have been wanting to use! this is an amazing cause and i just wish there was something like that in wi!

Nikka, that's sad, huh? I have a friend whose teenage daughter just had a baby & decided at the very last minute to NOT give the baby up for adoption. What a huge, emotional decision.

That reminds me, I need to get her baby ear flap hat done! :lol

Being a teen parent, I think what you're doing is wonderful. We have a program right where I live that helps teen parents along with needy children with food and clothes. I hope you get plenty of participation.

I still can't get my pictures the right size to post here. :ohdear

I've made 6 baby/toddler hats so far...2 pink/white striped, 1 blue/white striped, 2 solid pink, and 1 solid blue.

I'll post a picture if I can figure this out. :thair

Archived