Biffer cover for wet mop

has anyone used the crochet biffer covers for the wet mops? The ones you buy are crappy in my opinion (i never did like that wet mop anyway). I am house sitting for someone, and at her request have to use the wet mop for cleaning her laminate floors. Grrr don't like it, the store bought "cloths" deteriorate before i get finished doing the floor! And the version mop she has doesn't have that scrubby thing on it they have now.

Was wondering if i used the biffer pattern and added some popcorns to it along one edge if that would help?

thanks for any advice!

Hi....don't know if this would help. But in a pinch while cleaning a friends house to show (surprized by realtors with clients) we had two 'wet mop' things...no pads left! So we had some "real" old style cloth diapers and some of those 'handy wipe' type semi-disposable cloths available. Each used one--held diaper on with those bulldog type clamping paper clips: The 'handiwipe' thing was thin enough to fit in the little slots.

They worked ok to get the job done--diaper was able to stay damp longer and pick up dirt. when it got dirty--we took it off and rinsed it and put it back on other-side-out.

Hope this helps...good luck...hmmmm my floors need mopping too....off to get coffee and think about this...

hugs,

cshellz

thanks guys. i used 2 of those darned pads and this is NOT a big house. and i don't think they get the floor very clean (had to spot clean cuz there's no scrubbies on the storebought pads). at least if i made one (or two or three for backup) then i could wash them and reuse them - green cleaning!

Sarah, i'm gonna check that pattern out...right now!!

I used this pattern here http://www.craftstylish.com/item/44816/how-to-make-a-reversible-swiffer-sock

I origionally made it for regular swiffer but it broke so I use it on my wet mop and it sticks to the velcro just fine and worked like a dream.

Hope this helps. :D

I really like that pattern.thank you for sharing the link!:)

I know that some patterns suggest cotton yarn, but I feel that cotton takes too long to dry, especially after you wash the cover. Some people like the synthetic acrylic yarns better as they have more scrubbing power and dry more quickly.

Sarah, thank you for the link to that great pattern! :) I'm going to make myself a couple of those right away.

I know that some patterns suggest cotton yarn, but I feel that cotton takes too long to dry, especially after you wash the cover. Some people like the synthetic acrylic yarns better as they have more scrubbing power and dry more quickly.

Good idea! :yay

I was just today thinking about trying something like this. Need to save money and those sheets just don't last very long in my house, even using both sides. I'm going to make several of these so I can have them in reserve.

I'm actually working up two of these right now from the pattern Sarah suggested. They use very little yarn and are easy to make. I was thinking they'd make great hostess gifts now that the holidays are approaching. :yes

Archived