Can't find.....

Cordelia

Question

#10 black crochet cotton or even #3....Do they not make it? I am also looking for black in WW cotton. Maybe Im just missing it or its late and my brain is more asleep than usual!:blush

7 answers to this question

I think the last black #10 I bought was from eBay, so I can't recommend a good place to shop for it other than that, but it does exist! You know the other color thread that's really hard to find is brown. I had a pattern for gingerbread men last Christmas and about tore my hair out.

I think I've seen black in J&P Coats Royale size 10, usually at Michaels or Joanns. Patricia Kristoffersen's website has black in size 10, in Opera, which is a really nice thread, and also in DMC Cebelia. Patty K is great to order from, no worries if you've not ordered online before.

You know the other color thread that's really hard to find is brown. I had a pattern for gingerbread men last Christmas and about tore my hair out.

There's a golden tan in the Cebelia which could work for brown, depending on what shade you were looking for.

I was just using #10 black thread last night.... I think it's Aunt Lydias. Got it at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart.

As for black WW cotton - I have some in Sugar&Cream.

ok excuse the stupid question time here, but if you can't find it and its cotton, couldn't you make it in white and dye it black (or brown) with clothing dye (i know its not the best way) to keep you from pulling your hair out?

I've had a hard time finding brown thread as well. What I substituted the thread with is embroidery floss. I only needed a little and it worked great. It also comes in black and tons of other solid and variegated colors. So if it's just a little you need, try that, or you could buy lots and attach them. I think there's several yards per skein.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm still gonna keep searching. Im sort of a recon clothes freak and have a black blouse I want to try and add bell sleeves to (#10,#3) and with the WW I was making coasters and would love some black!

I found mine at Hobby Lobby in CS!

Well heck, I was there last week and saw tons of MAROON (hehe), no black! I will try again next week, when we trek across the country to get there! :D

Wonder if you can dye cotton thread? Hmmm might need to try.:think

Archived