peaches and cream cotton thread

Hi Vonnie-

I have not had much shrinkage with this thread with any of the potholders, dishcloths or washcloths I have made out of it. I use cold wash and rinse water for laundering and a knit setting on the dryer. I just reshape them a little and they are good to go.

Now fading is another thing! :lol But not so much that they are unattractive.

Hi Vonnie-

I have not had much shrinkage with this thread with any of the potholders, dishcloths or washcloths I have made out of it. I use cold wash and rinse water for laundering and a knit setting on the dryer. I just reshape them a little and they are good to go.

Now fading is another thing! :lol But not so much that they are unattractive.

This is what I do with what I make with the cotton. I have several place mats for different months.

The cold water in your washer works wonders. Hmmm :scrachin, infact, I do not use hot water for any of my laundry.:hook

One of my kitties did a bad cat thing on my Crochetville tote bag :eek:eek:eek and without thinking, I immediately took it and put it in the bathtub with hot water and lysol and laundry detergent and I swished it all around and basically gave it a good hand-washing in the tub. I rinsed it four or five times, all in warm to hot water (I have this warped idea that things washed in hot water dry more quickly than things washed in cold) and I blotted it out real good with a ShamWow and hung it on the bathroom door to dry. It didn't shrink at ALL. The pocket still lays perfectly, which it wouldn't if the bag had shrunk, it would gap and not lay flat. I have made bath puffs out of this stuff countless times, too, and they never shrink up, they always look the same.

Archived