What does this need

Tampa Doll

Question

I have been crocheting things for my tree for October. You know, ghost, pumpkins and spider webs. Well I have come across a problem.

One spider is ok, but hurts the wrist making and takes a couple of days to make. The other looks like a squished octopus.

What can I do to make the squished one look better?

post-105-135897433749_thumb.jpg Speedy Spider Jr and Friends

7 answers to this question

You will want to point 3 legs from each side to face the front rather than all going 'round and 'round.

I would also start with a ball shape and then add the legs,

Thanks I will try both. Believe it or not, but this is the way the pattern tells you to make them, but they just did not look right.

I knew I could count on you all.:hook

Question: did you arrange the legs that way or is that the way they 'wanted' to curl? I agree they should be facing front.

If the legs are curling on there own that way...

A few years ago I made this silly spider to wear to work on Halloween

http://crochet.about.com/library/nspider5.htm

The legs were curling on their own. I ended up amending the the pattern on 1 side to work them in the opposite direction. In my case my slsts were tighter than my chains, so they were curling toward the slsts; so I made sure the slsts were all facing front. I'm not sure if this would help in your pattern but it's just a thought.

Also...if the body is flat, and the pattern allows, you could make a 'belly' piece smaller than the spider body top, sew to the edges of the top and stuff a little. This would pull the legs under the body a bit (it will be hanging, right?), and give the body some dimension.

I have a great idea...crochet the body then shove black pipe cleaners through it to make the legs...you have to crochet a little less and then can bend the legs whatever way you want

Oh man, this is great. I thought about doing the pipecleaners. I think the main problem is there is no head.

The legs curl that way on their own. They are all evenly spaced around the body, so I think that is part of the problem.

I really appreciate the patterns. I will be printing them later.

Yes, they will be hanging from the tree. I have spider webs that I crocheted earlier to go on also.

I knew I could count on you guys and I really, really, appreciate all this advice.:hook

Archived