Make A Child Smile

aliciasjoy

Hi everyone, I read through all the old topics and didn't see this charity mentioned so I thought I'd let y'all know about it. I'm not affiliated with it, just think it is pretty good. A quick, easy and personal way to help someone out just a little.

http://www.makeachildsmile.org/

The concept is to send a card to these kids to cheer them up, but you're allowed to send little stuff as well, and if they have sibs, you can send a little something to them so they don't feel left out.

I thought it would be perfect for little things like the toys lots of us like to make, or bookmarks for older kids, or hats, booties etc.

This website makes me cry every time I visit it, but I'm so grateful to have a healthy child I can't stay away. My own weenie personal goal is to start consistently sending one thing out a month, and see if I can work up to three.

I'm always amazed to see how much so many of you do for charity!

This is such a cool thing I love the idea it's very cool and I think it would make my day to be able to send one child a little toy and a card :) and to get the kids involved with making a card :D Thanks for posting it :hug This one is perfect for me since I love to make toys and it would make one toy not seem like such a small thing:jumpyay

Thank you for posting that! That is a perfect charity for someone who asked me about sending something for a sibling of a sick child...perfect timing! Thanks again! :clap

hugs

Ro

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the info. I think it's great. I've alerted the folks I go to school with on our forum over there about this organization. I figured that since we are learning the medical field that they might be interested as well. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard about this charity and even crocheted a sweet cotton hat for one teenage girl who lost her hair because of cancer treatments. I had it on my door knob when painters got paint on it. Not a lot but enough where I could no longer feel good about sending it out.

I think I'll crochet up a scarf and send it out to someone for Christmas. Scarves are fast and so popular today.

Thanks for sparking my interest again.

Sondra

Yes I agree such a great charity. I also plan to do at least one a month. If we all did one a month that would be a lot of smile. And make a kid smile is a wonderful thing to see. So knowing I can help. Make's my life that much better.

Just want to Thank you for sharing this site. I picked a cute little girl. And got her a package in the mail today with a card. Again Thank you for letting me help someone else.

Thank you so much for sharing that website, Make a child smile. My gosh! :( I sent the website to all in my address book. I too will do one a month. Thanks again!

Carlyn

Archived