My sister has cancer

SlowCrocheter

The doctor said it has not spread. They well not do more surgery. He called it Stage 3a and would not say what her odds are.

Regardless she has decided to do four months of kemo and radiation treatment. And she is not asking any questions.

All he would say for sure is this one has a greater odds of returning.

I do not like her doctor he does not give out enough information.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angie,

Will your sister let you go to the doctor with her?

Right now, she's probably still feeling shocked by the diagnosis and just wants to pretend its not happening to her.

I remember wanting to run away from my cancer before my surgery. Unfortunately it would just tag along with me.

If you could go to the doctor with her, maybe you could get more information out of him. I took my daughter with me and my husband when he could get off work. I was fortunate though, my doctor was very open to questions.

Your sister is entitled to copies of her pathology report(s) and my doctor also gave me copies of the surgical report. If she is willing to let you be involved.. ya'll should get those and keep them for future reference.

Fran Drescher was on Oprah today talking about her experience with uterine cancer.. she is now an 8.5 year survivor (but I dont know what her stage was when she was dx'd) You should be able to find the interview here:

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20090305-tows-magic-johnson/3

There's good information about endometrial cancer staging (and staging) here:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/endometrial/Patient/page2#Keypoint11

If there's anything I can do to support .. give me a holler.

Lots of hugs,

No she does not seem to want me to go. So I am not going to push it. Daddy even told her one day she was asking like I do when I go to the doctor and she got all quite.

They think I ask to many questions or "argue" to much with the doctors. I don't see asking questions as arguing but Dad does. Oddly enough my Mom is why I do that. She was one of those also that never asked questions so when I was younger she would put me up to it. lol

My sister has been strangely calm threw the whole thing. Other then the inconvenience she acts like it is no big deal. She has never had to cope with any health issues but has been a care giver to both me and my Mom.

I was always proactive when it come to my health and my Mom was very passive and scared. I think my sister is looking for a middle ground between the two of use in her attitude and response.

Other then giving her my 2 cents worth it is ultimately her health and her choice. If it was me and I was in stage three I would not do the kemo. But I am a huge baby like my Dad when it comes to being sick.

• 2 weeks later...

She had her first Kemo Monday. She did well yesterday. But today she is sick and wants me to come stay with her while she throws up. /yuck.

But this is the first time she has ever been sick since my Mom passed away and I guess she is not use to doing that sort of stuff alone like I have been doing.

So as soon as I get done eating something I am heading over there.

Oh she does not know I got this she thought I was taking pictures of her dogs or she would not let me take it. :devil

So don't tell on me.

post-21616-135897439093_thumb.jpg

Ok all sewn together. The two close ups are the squares I made. I well take it to her today or next Tuesday.

th_crochet002.jpg

It is a slide show. Now time to get back to work on Christmas presents or no one well get anything.

Ok all sewn together. The two close ups are the squares I made. I well take it to her today or next Tuesday.

th_crochet002.jpg

It is a slide show. Now time to get back to work on Christmas presents or no one well get anything.

It came out very nice. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this. I'm sure the ghan will giver her a lot of comfort and warmth.:hug

• 1 month later...

Just an update. She stopped the chemo so she can do the radiation. The last radiation treatment is this week and then she starts the chemo again.

Her hair is gone. And she is cold a lot. The radiation seems to be harder on her then the chemo but it is almost over.

Her chemo should be done in Jan. Then all we can do is wait and hope it does not come back.

She has been taking her afghan with her when she does her chemo treatments. She really likes it.

Archived