Craft Fair 1st Place Winners could you please post photos of items that won first place?

I am waiting to hear from the committee for my town's annual art festival if I can sell my crochet. There is a competition that I will enter and I would love to see your items that won first place in art festivals and craft fairs for some inspirations. Thanks in advance!

I've entered my fair for the last 5 or 6 years now.

Somethings to think about:

1. Make the item as noticable as possible. Bright colors, fun, unique patterns and other things help get the judge's attention.

2. Try to think of different ideas to make. Look in current magazines and other websites for ideas.

3. Do a great job on the project, including tucking in ends, making a nice border, etc.

4. Use natural fibers if possible. I spoke with one of the judges last year and HE said that he looks for natural fibers. So wool, cotton, soy, and other fibers would be good to use if possible.

5. Plan on what you will do with your items. Will you keep it, donate it or give it away? Have this plan so that you can work according to the guidelines of the charity, if necessary.

I hope these tips help. If you need any ideas, please feel free to pm me and I'll answer any problems or questions you may have.

Good luck.

:manyheart

Reminder: Crystal is asking for recommendations for patterns she can use to sell her finished items at the fair. If you recommend any specific patterns for her, please be sure you only provide information for patterns that grant permission for the finished items to be sold. :)

I guess I wonder, can you sell items made from someone elses patterns? I am sorry I am stupid at this. I know you can make an item and put it in the fair giving the designer credit......but I guess I am confused by your post, do you want to just see things we have MADE and got prizes for in the fair? Or do you just want to see things we made? You COULD get great ideas over at the show and tell section. But again, I would be LEARY about selling items made from anothers patter, often, the designer does not allow that for profit selling, I HAVE gotten permission for making items for charity from designers, and I am sure they may give permission to sell, giving they get the credit, but I am SURE you have to ask them.

So please be more specific for me..lol..I am numbskulled..do you just want to see things we have entered in the past? Or want to know things we would sell?

HUGS

JoAnn

I guess I wonder, can you sell items made from someone elses patterns? ........I would be LEARY about selling items made from anothers patter, often, the designer does not allow that for profit selling, I HAVE gotten permission for making items for charity from designers, and I am sure they may give permission to sell, giving they get the credit, but I am SURE you have to ask them.

HUGS

JoAnn

JoAnn, you're right: if a pattern does not specifically grant permission to sell the items you make from the pattern, you need to ask for permission from the designer/publisher. Some designers are very happy to give permission; others prefer that their patterns not be used for personal profit.

Crystal IS looking for things to sell at the craft fair, so the easiest thing would be to give her links to patterns that already grant that permission. If anybody wants to post a link to a pattern that doesn't give permission, just to avoid confusion for anyone else who is using this thread to get ideas, please be sure to mention that the designer/publisher will need to be contacted for permission before items are sold.

Thanks for clarifying that up for me Amy, so, I dont know cause I don't sell stuff...thanks hun! Sorry I cant help then Crystal.

Archived