Which do you prefer? Poll

Which do you prefer when you make a afghan? you can mark more than one!  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer when you make a afghan? you can mark more than one!

• Do you prefer your item to be tight stitches?
    • Do you prefer stretchy?
    • Do you prefer one pattern throughout?
    • Do you prefer lacy?
    • Do you prefer motifs?

I had a hard time with that question since I like variety in my afghans. I do a lot for charity and for personal gifts so I am always trying out different stitches and patterns. Currenly, I am working on a 30 square patchwork afghan made of different front and back post stitches. A lot depends on who the afghan is to be given to.

LI Roe

Ditto!

I like variety too...I'm always trying new patterns....

ohhh decisions! I can't choose,:think I like making them all!! and do! and I love colors, and combinations of colors, and motifs and sewing them together don't bother me, and weaving in ends, although sometimes more tedious than I would want, is also a meditative zen like state, something you can do almost in a trance! So, i didn't vote! there isn't a box for"all of the above," :eek:flower

lol

I like all kinds of stuff,, I like patterns, or making up my own as i go, and im a loose crocheter.. so most my items are "medium" in stiching.. I cant seem to tcrochet Tight

I picked one stitch throughout (btw it only lets you vote for one) but I have made some square and motif afghans that I enjoyed too. For just plan stress reduction and relaxing crochet, one stitch throughout is the easiest and you just sort of memorize the stitches and can crochet without looking. This lets you watch a movie or talk with family/friends while you crochet and I like that. But I also like the more involved projects that tend to make people say "WOW." :) So, not one specific answer for me.

As far as crocheting tight or lacy/open weave -- again, depends on the project and what look I am going for. I have done and liked both. For an afghan for myself -- I like one that is more tight and closed stitching so that I can actually use it for warmth -- in the colder months or when someone is overdoing the A/C. But I also like a nice airy cotton throw in the summer! Sometimes you just want some touch but nothing to add a layer of actual warmth/heat.

I like all sorts of crochet! There are just not enough hours in the day to make all of the aghans I would LIKE to make. Plus, I wind up with too many around the house and no place to put more. That is where I am now. No one actually needs an afghan. But.... there are always babies being born!

• 1 year later...

Archived