Some good clean fun?!

I think we could do that Jackson 'ghan together... that would be fun. It's squares of sc, hdc, dc. Nice and simple.

we'll see how much oldest remembers... she hasn't done it in a while.

I have that ghan on my list of projects to tackle- looks easy and is pretty- can use up stash!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Stacy, they already know a little... they can do sc, and hdc. dc is just a little baby step from there:)

I taught oldest and a bunch of her friends when they were in 5th grade. they did squares that we joined for an afghan for Social Concern. It was a great way to get their community service hours they needed.:yes

No, Stacy, they already know a little... they can do sc, and hdc. dc is just a little baby step from there:)

I taught oldest and a bunch of her friends when they were in 5th grade. they did squares that we joined for an afghan for Social Concern. It was a great way to get their community service hours they needed.:yes

Thats really nice LeaAnne.

they go to public.

it's not "required", but they have something called "Y.E.S." Youth Engaged in Service. If you do 50 hours by 5th grade, 50 more by 8th, and 50 in high school, you get a gold tassel and special recognition when you graduate (not to mention it would look good on a college resume:wink). And if you are a member of the National Honor Society, you are required to do an additional 15 hours per year. You cannot double count.

they go to public.

it's not "required", but they have something called "Y.E.S." Youth Engaged in Service. If you do 50 hours by 5th grade, 50 more by 8th, and 50 in high school, you get a gold tassel and special recognition when you graduate (not to mention it would look good on a college resume:wink). And if you are a member of the National Honor Society, you are required to do an additional 15 hours per year. You cannot double count.

That's a nice program- the public school my DD's went to had a similar program- and yes, it looks good on college resumes' as well as building good character! It's always good to give back to the community and the earlier it is taught the better!

they go to public.

Here you need 40 hours to graduate

I'm not really into speedskating- I'm into Ohno!

:rofl:rofl

yep.. it's nice to teach them to be "giver-backers"... they see me do it with PTO

Yes, I think it's wonderful for them to see their parents participating in their school. Or in any community service, actually. Volun-tolding is mandatory for the pre-k class and the girls were always so excited to see us there.

Archived