Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bye, Shannon! :hug

Mary, are they ready to see their parents, or are you? :lol

Joanne, he's doing okay...gotten off-track with the diet, though. We're working on it. He's still stressed but one of the main people giving him a headache is on vacation right now, so that has helped.

I have to learn the join-as-you-go method. I like making squares but after putting the granny lap ghan together, I'm not so sure that I like all the putting it together at the end!

I think one of you posted a link to a tutorial for join-as- you -go a while back. I'll have to see if I saved it in my favs .

Thanks, Joanne. I'll let him know. :hug

I love join-as-you-go. Makes joining so much easier. :yes

Eva is giving me a "check-up" with toy vet supplies. LoL She just stuck a pair of plastic tweezers in my mouth and tried to squeeze me cheek. :think

Found one on Crochet Cabana- it says to start of with a square with a border all around She used (ch 1, shell) along sides and (shell, ch 3, shell) in corners.

Is that how you do yours?

Oh, thank you Stacy- I should have remembered she had one there. And I love her instructions- easy to understand!!!

How's your crocheting coming along? Are you building a supply for your Etsy?

You're welcome. I actually just found that on a google search. :lol I can't seem to find the link I had saved.

I am not working on a supply. :blush I've been caught up in finishing these snowflakes- only 23 left to go! :cheer:lol Truth be told- I read a thread here where someone asked if people are really successful on Etsy. The general consensus was that you're only successful if you have something that really stands out. :think So I'm kind of discouraged.

My DD is going to start an Etsy for some jewelry that she is making- with all the beads she bought in Boston- plus put up some of her artwork I think. She wanted me to do an Etsy for crochet stuff, but i don't feel that I'm good enough yet! Still lots to learn about crochet!

What do you think would stand out? You do really cute animals- you could do Noah's Ark sets or something like that- Oh, I think we have to all put our heads together and figure out something that would stand out for you- and that you like making!!!

That is cool about your dd! I'd love to see some of her jewelry. :yes

The hats I make are different- I have done kitty cat ears, large fox-type ears, devil horns, cones with tassels...I've actually had a lot of local interest in them. The thing with the animals is that they're not my patterns- so I'm not sure how the selling would work with them. I'd love to be able to design my own, but that is just something I am terrible at. :lol

I like making afghans- the 'never ending square'blanket, the large granny--they are simple, and easy to make and i can just pick up where I left off and continue on.

I also liked making the grannies and would like to try different ones and then put them together, but the whipstitching them all together at the end wasn't fun.

I also want ot make a ripple- and now DD wants a garden hat. I found cute one (which I emailed to DD to see if she likes it It's here- but you have to log in to see it. http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=4509

Oh, what an adorable hat! :yes What color are you going to use?

The hats will sell- I have the right market out here, too. And I have a friend that just moved to Oregon who said she's been asked several times already where she got hers. It's just getting my name out there, etc. I just have to get off my badorkus and DO IT! :yes

Yes, just do it!!!

I have enough of the ILTC in a beige color so that's what I'm going to use- Hopefully it doesn't come out wonky!!! And since it is a neutral color- it will go with everything!

JUST DO IT !!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Night!:hug

:waving, all...

sorry I missed chat:(

I asked for Vicki's laundry fairy and got a magic Chair instead! :rofl

I guess I needed it...

Have a wonderful weekend, girls... we are packing up the car to head for CapeCod for the weekend. I didn't want to leave again without letting you know where I am:yes

Please know I am thinking of you all, and will bring you with me in spirit while I :crocheting on the beach!

May you all enjoy your weekends and families to the fullest! and don't forget to remember our veterans!

:hug:manyheart:hug

Archived