Some good clean fun?!

DH and I decided to take the evening off- I am exhausted after working all these days! We'll get up early and get the room ready for the painters!

Middle DD called and she wants me to go with her to help her pick out a dress to wear to a wedding she going to on Memorial Day- she is going to call in the AM and let me know if it will be Saturday afternoon or Sunday- Nothing like waiting for the last minute!! LOL

Since the painter will be here both days- I figure I can leave since DH will be here . I put together a granny lapghan which I think I mentioned earlier in the week. Decided to take a pic and let you see.

Lots of cleaning to get done this weekend- not looking forward to that- but am so looking forward to having the room painted --even if it does mean that I have to empty out my closet - but I will weed through some more clothes when i put them back. I still have things in the back of the closet that I don't think I've worn in a while that can go to goodwill.

Stacy- Glad to hear that the terror had school today. And you have lots of energy to have 3 young daughters, plus a dog, plus considering another puppy!! I couldnt' do it and admire you for being able to!!!

Beth- Yay for your inventions helping you clean. Do you think they would want to take a road trip to NJ to clean mine? Don't you think it would be a good driving experience for oldest DS when he gets his license next Friday ?(fingers crossed his schedule and the DMV schedule worked out).

Colleen- Sorry to hear it didn't cool off by you. It did here and I love it. Perfect evening - no AC needed!!! That is sweet of you to buy an end of the year book for the little boy you were helping! How is DH's back feeling

LeeAnn- Happy Birthday to your DH!!! And Yay for that job being over- and as you say --forgotten!!!! Enjoy your weekend- Sleep-overs sound like fun- or as we like to say- stay-awake- overs!!!

Mary- Can't wait to see your afghan!

LeaAnne- Liked your answer on FB to my post about the best arrangement of 4 letters being TGIF and you answered AMEN!! So true!!!!

Vicki- Your last Friday is over!!! And by now you are probably enjoying some nice ice cream with your DD- and if you are watching the Yankees- it's about time that they are doing good. Hughes is pitching great. How is DH's Met's ghan coming along? He must be happy with their sweep of the PHillies.

Shannon- Love meeting you over in the We Love Lucy group on Ravelry- and I really love your ripple!!! I have got to start one soon!!!

Scooby- Thinking about you girlfriend!:hug

Has anyone heard from Sarah?

Hope you all have a great evening!:hug:hug

post-27163-135897534952_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments on Claire. She's a very sweet dog.

Joanne- Your lapghan is gorgeous! I love the colors!!

Are we chatting tonight?

:waving Stacy! How was your day? Did you get everything done that you needed to do? How was Mia's test?

Hi Mary- Good to see you- sorry I missed the chat the other night! But am trying to stay awake for a little while tonight.

Have to get up early to get my bedroom cleared out for the painters- pictures off the wall, clothes out of the closet, curtains and blinds down. But it will be nice when it's done!

Well how cute is that??? My DD doesn't like band-aids. She watched the nurse stick the needle in her arm and take her blood, and didn't even flinch. When she saw the band-aid, she freaked out!!

Well how cute is that??? My DD doesn't like band-aids. She watched the nurse stick the needle in her arm and take her blood, and didn't even flinch. When she saw the band-aid, she freaked out!!

:lol:lol Just goes to show- how individual each child is!!

Speaking of children, how are the GK's Mary- when is DD coming? Do you know yet?

Jorge is done in 2 weeks. His last history class in Wednesday, and the last English class is the next Monday. He's not taking summer classes, because it would be 4 nights a week, and he wants to spend some time with the girls.

Mary, you are flying on that afghan!

Shannon, that is too funny! What do you do when she gets a scrape or cut? When Mia was little, she sat and watched the nurse take her blood. Sometime between then and now, she has decided that she is terrified of them.

How are you joining the afghan, Mary?

Join - as - you - go method. I just did the squares until the last round , which I change color also and then it will be done.

Good luck with the painters tomorrow.

Stacy that is cute about the bandaid

Well, girls, I gotta run. DD is on her way home from swimming, and she hasn't had dinner yet. I better go make her something now, 'cause I know she'll be ready to sleep when she gets home.

Love you girls! Have a good chat!

My DD isn't going this summer either- she is still working in the art gallery at the school though.

That's nice that Jorge wants to spend time with the girls- it must be hard on him during the school year- working and going to school but it will be worth it when it is done. How is he doing? Is he following his diet and feeling ok?

Stacy- We usually just let it be. She fights us if we try to put one on. Good thing she doesn't get hurt too often.

Archived