Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DH says it's because houses in the North are too close together, but down here most people have enough land to build a shed, and don't need a basement.:rofl He says that's his story and he's stickin' to it!

I thought sheds were for when the basement and garage are all fulled up!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl....

we live in a split level. My lower floor is 1/2 underground. I have an attic, though

I thought that we get more tornadoes here. Maybe not. I know I've wished I had one a few times while I was clearing out the closet so we could get in. Not to mention when Hurricane Rita came through and I watched a tree fall in our yard.

LeaAnne, you make it sound like you can't fulfill your dreams. But guess what? You can!! :hug

LeaAnne what are your dreams????

I know I can... it's just the sooner you start, the longer you get to enjoy it all, that's all.

Oh, I love you guys! I am in tears now. :hug:hug:hug:hug Hug-fest!

Mary, it's like Ebay for crafts. You list stuff and when it sells, they charge you something like 3% of the final cost.

Okay...I need to go get the girls ready for bed. Mia's dental routine takes a while- I will be back soon.

Well then I guess it's a good thing we don't have a basement, LeaAnne. If a tornado came through, we probably wouldn't fit in the basement!

You still have plenty of time, LeaAnne. And now you have more time! What is your dream?

Well then I guess it's a good thing we don't have a basement, LeaAnne. If a tornado came through, we probably wouldn't fit in the basement!

:rofl

It took me a while to get that one. You tell Mr. Irishrose to enjoy his shed. At least he doesn't have to fit a snowblower in there alongside the lawnmower. :lol

:rofl

It took me a while to get that one. You tell Mr. Irishrose to enjoy his shed. At least he doesn't have to fit a snowblower in there alongside the lawnmower. :lol

:rofl:rofl:rofl You tell him Colleen :cheer:cheer:cheer

Yeah, he's just had a race car, go-carts, the rhino, a boat...boy toys. That's why basements don't sound good to him. None of his stuff could get in there!

OK, I was right :D

In warmer climates, houses sometimes do not have basements because they are not necessary (although many still prefer them). In colder climates, the foundation must be below the frostline. Unless constructed in very cold climates, the frost line is not so deep as to justify an entire level below the ground, although it is usually deep enough that a basement is the assumed standard. In places with oddly stratified soil substrata or high water tables, such as most of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and areas within 50 miles of the Gulf of Mexico, basements are usually not financially feasible unless the building is a large apartment or commercial structure. In many earthquake-prone areas, such as Southern California, basements are not common because of the possibility of collapse during an earthquake.

Yeah, he's just had a race car, go-carts, the rhino, a boat...boy toys. That's why basements don't sound good to him. None of his stuff could get in there!

You can't keep things that have gas in them in a basement. :yes A boat :rofl

Well, golly, Colleen! Aren't you a plethora of information! Thanks for that. I've always wondered, but never thought to look for the answer.:loser

OK, I was right :D

In warmer climates, houses sometimes do not have basements because they are not necessary (although many still prefer them). In colder climates, the foundation must be below the frostline. Unless constructed in very cold climates, the frost line is not so deep as to justify an entire level below the ground, although it is usually deep enough that a basement is the assumed standard. In places with oddly stratified soil substrata or high water tables, such as most of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and areas within 50 miles of the Gulf of Mexico, basements are usually not financially feasible unless the building is a large apartment or commercial structure. In many earthquake-prone areas, such as Southern California, basements are not common because of the possibility of collapse during an earthquake.

Thankyou Colleen I didn't know that. I just learned something new :cheer:clap

:think I'm thinkin' we gots some talented ladies here who might be able to work together. LeaAnne designs and Stacy runs the Etsy shop. And then we throw Mary into the production line ('cause she's our ringer).

Archived