Quick to make afghan

So I have really been wanting to make my Aunt an afghan as a thank you for helping me plan my wedding. The thing is, I will be moving in about 2 months and I will be pretty busy until the wedding is over. What is a pattern for an afghan that looks really nice but won't take long to make?

I am planning on making it with the colors of rose and off-white

Thank you. I think I am going to do the v-stitch one, since I am already making a giant granny square for my Fiance and I haven't quite figured out the round ripple yet.. Everytime I try it, it folds lol:eek

A v-stitch is a very good afghan to do. It goes pretty fast and looks very nice. And you can put a simple trim on it to make it really "special".

Good luck.

:manyheart

I'm going to agree with everyone in saying the Round Ripples look great and are pretty quick.(once I figured it out and had to frogged the whole darn thing)

I like the idea of double strands in a HDC. I think that's the next project!

good luck, those colors sound pretty!

Thank you all for the great ideas!! I am trying a test round ripple right now.. I don't know what I am doing wrong but in between each point, there are spots that won't lay flat. i am following the pattern from Aggie May.. I am thinknig about just doing a two-strand blanket.

Younghooker,

before you give up, go to the Crochet a long and look at the round ripple cal. The woman there make tons of these and they are sure to help you. I know I had some problems with my first RR and it took a morning of playing with the stitches to get it to lay flat. I change up the pattern a bit, and it finally worked. Once I got it, it took all of two days to finish a baby RR, and it took a week to do the 6 to 24 point ghan. I plan on doing another one for my daughter later as a spider's web. This afghan can change from fun and funky to elegance, it just depends on the colors you choose. You can't say that about any one pattern, so please don't give up. I know that once you get it, then it's with you forever.

i made one for my couch. it went very quickly. and turned out super nice. i used 2 strands of lion brand homespun and a Q hook. it's super warm. we don't use it in the summer because of that but in the winter...it's great.

i made one for my couch. it went very quickly. and turned out super nice. i used 2 strands of lion brand homespun and a Q hook. it's super warm. we don't use it in the summer because of that but in the winter...it's great.

Hmmm. I haven't thought of homespun for the round ripple, I have tons of that laying around in many different colors. I am going to try that.

Archived