Advice needed from craft fair experts

I am going to submit an application this month for my town's annual September craft fair. Before you can sell items you have to be approved by the craft fair committee. When the application is sent in I have to include 3 photos of my work. I can have several items in each photo.

What items would be best to make for my submission photos? I know one item I am going to make & take pictures of baby booties. I really want to be selected to sell at the craft fair.

I sure would appreciate any advice from you craft fair experts.

I'm not a craft fair expert but I have been doing craft shows for a number of years. I have had to submit photos if it is a juried craft show especially if it is one I have not been to before.I think they want to see what type of craft you do and to make sure it is "handcrafted" often times some craft shows have a number of crafters that have similar

type of crafts and they do this in an effort to thin out having so many of the same crafts such as crochet or candles and the like.And also some like to see a picture of a booth set up if you have done one before,this shows them too that you have been accepted at another craft show.Most generally they want 3 pictures.

I'm not so sure that you have to show a picture of a certain item,some just like to see what kind of work you do and if it fits in with their type of fair.

Hope this helps you some.

I have been in juried shows before. I Just got accepted into a show in july. They want pics and price list of everything i make. My top selling items are afghans, dishcloths, towels with toppers and children sweaters. Good luck with the show. Ihave been doing them for approx. 20 years now and love it.

Mary

I am going to submit an application this month for my town's annual September craft fair. Before you can sell items you have to be approved by the craft fair committee. When the application is sent in I have to include 3 photos of my work. I can have several items in each photo.

What items would be best to make for my submission photos? I know one item I am going to make & take pictures of baby booties. I really want to be selected to sell at the craft fair.

I sure would appreciate any advice from you craft fair experts.

Please remember that according to Crochetville's guidelines, we can only allow discussion of sale of finished items if you are 1) using patterns that are your own original design, 2) using patterns that specifically grant permission to sell your finished items, or 3) you've contacted the copyright owner of the patterns and received permission to sell your finished items [in which case you need to state within your post that you have received that permission].

Archived