need crochet thread advice please

Nunu

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice on brands/types of crochet thread. My daughter is getting married in July and she wants me to make a garter for her. I occasionally crochet with thread, mostly doilies, but I just use whatever WalMart has in the color I want.......I want something soft and smooth with a nice sheen for her garter, size 10 thread, and I need it in a "light ivory" color to match her gown. I have no problem ordering it on line if I need to, I just don't really know what brand or type to go with.:think Anyone have any suggestions, or can you recommend a good online shop to check out?

Cebelia is one of my favorites too. If you are looking for a softer thread you may want to look into trying Aunt Lidias new bamboo thread line. It is really soft and has beautiful drape to it. For a garter though I would personally go with Cebelia. It will have the sheen and shaping that you would need for a garter.

My son is getting married in July and I am making the garter for his future wife. I made one in Aunt Lydia's Bamboo and it worked up very nicely. It has a soft sheen to it and a bit of stretch. I liked it alot.

I also highly recommend DMC Cebelia. It is my favorite thread to crochet with.

Either would work very well for what you want to do.

TLOL,

Toni

• 3 weeks later...

Archived