Won an ebay auction for Posy Afghan and feeling guilty lol

So there was this auction that ended today for a hexagon Posy afghan pattern. It's really nice and I won it, but I feel kind of guilty over it. I know other people wanted it too. I even emailed the seller to ask if she was going to sell more and she isn't. I would love to share the pattern with the losing bidders, but I have no way to contact them. I also don't know if it's OK to do this... could I get in trouble for it?

Agreed. There is a copyright (legal) issue about sharing this pattern with anyone. Don't do it! We don't want to have to visit you in jail.

All's fair in love and war and in eBay auctions. Everyone will get over it and bid on it the next time it comes around.

Agreed. There is a copyright (legal) issue about sharing this pattern with anyone. Don't do it! We don't want to have to visit you in jail.

All's fair in love and war and in eBay auctions. Everyone will get over it and bid on it the next time it comes around.

OR, if you truly feel that guilty about winning the auction, you could notify the seller that you cannot follow through for whatever reason and she will notify the second highest bidder that they can have it for the price they bid.

I sell on ebay and the patterns come around again. Most of the time it isnt the ONLY copy. Remember the other bidders didnt want it as bad as you or they would have bid higher. DO NOT feel guilty. ebay is dog eat dog. No one else cares if they win a pattern instead of you....trust me. Enjoy your pattern!

Archived