Cleaning Crochet.

sprtsbear

Question

8) I have a very big problem. I have a table runner made of worsted weight yarn and now it has melted wax on it. My candle doth overflow. Is there anyway to save my runner?

:help

7 answers to this question

try this:

cover ENTIRE area (and then some)with a couple layers of papter towels - with your iron on low - run it over the wax - melting it to the paper towels - make sure not to touch your yarn with the iron if it is acrylic! replace paper towls as wax gets on them (so as not to re-apply it to your runner)

hope this helps :D!

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI wouldn't use an iron as it could easily kill the yarn. Kill meaning remove all fluffiness, bulk and give from it. This method works great on cottons and cotton blends, but I'd be careful of doing it with acrylics.

What I'd do is first freeze it and scrap/pick off as much of the wax as possible. You'll be suprised how much of it you'll get that way. Then let it "thaw" and stretch the waxed area over a bowl and pour hot/boiling water over it to melt the wax. (May take too adults two do this.) It'll run off with the water. Do not pour water down the sink. It can easily clog up a drain when the wax cools. It needs to be desposed of outside. You can blot some off with paper towels when it's soft, too. Repeat the hot water treatment till you are happy with the results. You may not get all of it out but you will get most of it.

Archived