Yarn Substitution!?

I'm making the Lion Brand Lacy Shawl for a family member and am wondering what yarn to use in substitution. It calls for the Natures Choice Organic Cotton but it is wicked (yes I'm from Maine and we say wicked!) expensive. I was wondering if I could use Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton as a sub because it's the same weight but it looks thinner for some reason. Any suggestions? I know that this id a knitting pattern but I thought it would get a lot of attention here. Thanks in advance!

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80737AD.html?noImages=0

I'm from Rhode Island and we say "wicked" too! :lol I vote for Cottontots as well. :yes The Sugar n' Cream is not as soft and I don't think I'd like it for a shawl. I can think of other cottons but they are probably going to run you just as much as the LB Organic Cotton so they wouldn't be much help.

I'm making the Lion Brand Lacy Shawl for a family member and am wondering what yarn to use in substitution. It calls for the Natures Choice Organic Cotton but it is wicked (yes I'm from Maine and we say wicked!) expensive. I was wondering if I could use Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton as a sub because it's the same weight but it looks thinner for some reason. Any suggestions? I know that this id a knitting pattern but I thought it would get a lot of attention here. Thanks in advance!

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80737AD.html?noImages=0

I don't know about the pattern or the yarn but I love the part about the word wicked. My son went to college in Maine & now lives there. He & his wife (both transplants to Maine) use wicked ALL the time. They also say Eh a lot - just like the Canadians. They're close to Canada so there's quite a few Canadians who live in town too. Guess it's all rubbing off on them!

Archived