The Best Yarn

Is there a better yarn for making amigurumi? :think

I've got an amigurumi book that swears by "soft" yarn. In order for me to do what I have in mind, I would have to buy several skeins of soft yarn. Then I would have a lot of yarn left over, and I just don't have anywhere to put it. :eek

If Red Heart Super Saver is acceptable yarn for amigurumi, then I could do some stash busting and not have to buy more yarn.

Incidentally, what I want to do is make some dolls.

So, is soft yarn better for amigurumi, or can I get away with Red Heart?

i like red heart because it is tough and amigurumi looks best when the stitchs are tight and they are almost over stuffed. there is a thread with alot of amigurumi lovers on it.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49729&highlight=amigurumi

I use whatever I feel like although it does kind of depend. If it's something I'm giving to a child that they'll snuggle I'll go with something softer. If it's something that needs to be really stiff to hold its shape then it's Red Heart all the way.

I use Vanna's when making ami's. RHSS is way too harsh on my hands- it's almost as bad as cotton, for me. I say use whatever you have. I think as long as it's ww acrylic and a smaller hook, it should do the job nicely. :hook

Archived