Bamboo yarn, how does it wash?

Hobby Lobby has some bamboo yarn on sale this week. One is the Bernat's Spa bamboo for $3.99 and the other is yarn bee's bamboo spun for $2.99.

I think these are pretty good prices and I've been wanting to try some out anyway.

So my question is: How does bamboo yarn wash up? Does it pill or anything that would be a problem?

Please let me know. Maybe heading to HL today. I've got a GIFT CARD just burning to be spent. And their hooks and things are on sale for 40 percent off.

:manyheart

I think it's Naturally Caron who makes the Spa yarn. Is this is? I made a scarf with that. It says machine wash/dry on the label. I washed the scarf once and it held up just fine but I don't know what repeated washings would do to it. I gave it away as a gift. I didn't like working with that yarn. It was way too splitty for me but it does make a wonderfully soft fabric. Oh, and don't bother looking for a center pull. There ain't none! I had to first wind it into a ball before I could use it.

I just made the alpine frost scarf with Paton's silk bamboo yarn, and it felt wonderful to work with. I didn't wash it, although I did spritz it with water to block it, and it took that nicely. I bet it would be fine on the gentle cycle or hand washed, if you were worried.

Patty

I've been able to find the end in the center most of the time, using the Spa yarn. Sometimes I wind up with a small quantity of yarn barf, but then it's ok.

I love how this yarn drapes.

Archived