The Simple Bunny (Updated with Pictures)

champygirl

The Simple Bunny is a variation of my Simple Kitty Pattern; Here. Enjoy!!! Pics are clickable.

:rabbit The SimpleBunny :rabbit 

post-11825-135897401172_thumb.jpg
post-11825-135897401174_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl January 22, 2009

Materials:

About 1 to 2oz Worsted Weight Yarn in White (I used red Heart Supersaver yarn)
Worsted Weight Yarn in Black for embroidering Eyes and Nose
Size E hook
Yarn Needle (for weaving in ends)
Stitch marker

Finish Size:

Nose to Tail: 3 ½”inches long
About 1 ¾”inches wide
Feet to Ears: 3 ½”inches High
Not Counting Ears: About 2”inches High

Special St:
Dc Popcorn St: 5 dc in next stitch, take hook out of loop, place hook in both loops of first dc made and then back in prior loop. Pull loop through loop of first dc and ch1.

Diagram: Here

Notes:

Bunny is crocheted all in one piece, there is no assembling required.

Do not join unless specified, bunny is worked in a continuous spiral.

Keep track of Rnds by placing stitch marker in first stitch of each rnd and moving it up as you go along.

When doing my sc decreases, sometimes I do them in the front loops only. It helps minimize the hole sometimes left when decreasing.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With White yarn ch2 leaving a tail to crochet over, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail. (6sc)
Pull tail taut to close starting hole.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 4: 1 sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 5: [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (18sc)
Rnd 6: 1 sc in each of the next 9 sts, sl st in front loop only of next st, *ch8, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 dc in each of the next 2 chains, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain, sl st in same front loop*, 1 sc in each of the next3 sts, sl st in front loop only of next st, Repeat from*to*once, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts. (16 sc+2ears)
Rnd 7: Dc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, Dc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, 1 sc into the back loop left unused (from working ear in frontloop), 1 sc into each of the next 3 sts, 1 sc into back loop left unused, (from other ear), 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts. (16sc, 2 Dc Popcorn Sts)
Rnd 8: 1 sc in each st around. (18sc)
Rnd 9: 1 sc in each st around. (18sc)
Rnd 10: 1 sc in each st around. (18sc)
Rnd 11: Dc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc into each of the next 4 sts, Dc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts. (16 sc, 2 Dc Popcorn Sts)

With Black yarn Embroider eyes and nose onto bunny. I embroider a Y for the nose in-between rnds 1 and 2 working from the center. Then I embroider the eyes in between rnds 3 and 5, they sort of look like a sideways seven 7. You can do whatever you want or what looks right to you.

Rnd 12: [1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times. (12sc)
Rnd 13: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 14: [sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times. (6sc)
Rnd 15: [sl st in front loop of next st, ch3 sl st in same front loop] Do this 6 times, sl st in back loop left unused. Finish off leaving about a 2” to 3” inch tail.
With yarn needle weave tail in and out of the sts of Rnd 14, pull tail taut to close opening. Finish off again and weave in end.

or for a fluffier tail do this instead:

Rnd 15a: Sl st in backloop of next st, [ch4, skip next st, sl st in backloop of next st]Do this twice, ch4, skip next st, join with sl st in first sl st.
(3 ch4 loops)
Rnd 15b: Sl st in first front loop left unused, [ch3, sl st in next front loop] Do this 5 times, ch3 and join with sl st in sl st. (6 ch3 loops + 3 ch4 loops from Rnd 15a)

Note:
If you want to use a pom pom for a tail, just skip rnd 15 and follow instruction for finishing. This should leave you a bare spot to glue onto.

To make ears longer just chain more and then work dc into the extra chains.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl January 22, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Archived