Wishlists

Does anyone else besides me look at the wishlists posted from way back to find someone that hasn't been RAOK'd?

I didn't know if most people just look at the current lists or if you go back and look at the older ones from like the beginning of last year, etc.

I was kind of thinking of just picking a random number to find a wish list (1-27) and then another random number (1-25) and then doing something off whatever list I ended up on but it is kind of a bummer to see people who haven't gotten anything.

I was kind of thinking of just picking a random number to find a wish list (1-27) and then another random number (1-25) and then doing something off whatever list I ended up on but it is kind of a bummer to see people who haven't gotten anything.

Thats a really good idea!

I look at all the lists but I also look at the last time they updated it. Some are old so you don't know if they were never RAOK or if they did not update it. I noticed sometimes that people will put in a thank you but not update the wish list post so it's not always easy to tell. I do try and look for those that appear never to have been RAOKed and find something from their list I can do.

I like your idea, Wiste, of doing it with numbers. I just might give that a try.

I look at all the lists but I also look at the last time they updated it. Some are old so you don't know if they were never RAOK or if they did not update it. I noticed sometimes that people will put in a thank you but not update the wish list post so it's not always easy to tell. I do try and look for those that appear never to have been RAOKed and find something from their list I can do.

Yeah that is what kind of got me thinking about this, wonder if it would be better to clear out the lists each year and start over again new.

I completely updated mine with all new wishes so I just removed the wishes I was granted from my old wishlist. Going back and looking through the older lists is nice because many of those people have probably forgotten what they put down so it would be a truely unexpected RAOK.

I have a list of all the wish list names and what list they are in. As they get RAOK'd I delete their name off the list. This way, I know who has and has not been RAOK'd. I would love to see everyone get at least one.

This is how I do it and I try to keep it up to date.:hook

I also look at their public profile to see when they were last active on the forums. If it has been a while, I pass them up because their information probably isn't up to date.

I also look at their public profile to see when they were last active on the forums. If it has been a while, I pass them up because their information probably isn't up to date.

I kind of do the same thing, also if they have a low post count.

Archived