Velvet Spun

klouised

I just got in some of my yarns that I ordered through Joann.com. One of the yarns was LB Velvet Spun in white. Oooh. That stuff is gorgeous. Now, ladies and Drew I haven't crocheted with yarn for like....10 years. No kidding. All my hooks were steel, so I had to order some larger hooks, too. I got the larget hook I had, size P and started making a shrug with the Velvetspun. I got it done in a day!! Wow!! I'm waiting on some Festive Fun Fur in white to get here. I'll use that for the trim. When I get it done, I'll post a pic of it.

I'm now, starting on a fitted poncho in Patons Allure Rose Quartz. Wow. All these textures that I'm drowning in. My 120 row cotton thread poncho is on hold. I'm having too much fun with this stuff. I only have about 5 more rows to go with it, but it'll have to wait. :devil

I really would love to see your work with the Velvet spun. How was it to work with? What size hook did you use. (I have a couple of those waiting for me)

By the way your doggies are adorable:manyheart

I used a P for the Velvet Spun. It was SUPER easy and fast. I worked last night on the fitted poncho and I figured out a way to use the cotton thread #10 and the Patons Allure with it. It came out really nice. They aren't finished. It looks like I'll need to order some more Allure. I'll post pics of WIP later this afternoon.

Thank you for the compliments on my doggies. I adore them, too.:D

The Velvet Spun Shrug took 4 skeins. The fitted poncho has taken 4 spools and will need about 2 more. Today, I got the rest of the yarn, so I'll finish up the shrug and post a pic. The Festive Fur is gorgeous.

This is terrible. I'm so excited to post pics of my new finished projects, but I've been told by my crochet boss that it's best if I don't. I'm making these for a pattern book, and I can get in trouble for posting full pictures of them before they are published. Aarg! I want to share them with my friends, but I have to obey the boss. She did approve of a partial pic of my shrug with the Velvet Spun and Festive Fur. Here is a link. http://kristinaskrochet.50webs.com/sample.htm It's not much of a picture. Sorry. You can see, though, the softness of the yarn, and the total fun of the Festive Fur. They were both so much fun to work with. I crocheted with 2 strands of the Festive Fur, to make it fuller. You fluff it up a bit, and you are ready for a night on the town. I don't have a pic of the Allure in Rose Quartz to share. Let me tell you, though, you want to get some of that. It would be super cute to trim a little girls dress with. I'm sorry I couldn't do any better than that.

I added a picture of the yarns I just received in the mail. I put what's left over of the rose quartz in there, too.

That is ok, Kristina.

Anyone who has made/seen a shrug gets the main idea.

It looks really neat. I would have never thought of using those yarns for a shrug.

Thanks for going through all this trouble to share:)

I just mailed in my second book, and I'm starting on this one. :cheerThe first 2 were all thread crochet and beads, but I wanted to do something different with this. I wanted to make it simple, but very stylish. I'm making ponchos and shrugs with matching skirts, pants and tops. That way you have an outfit. Who knows when I'll be done with it. It's going a lot faster than the other 2 books, but I want to take my time. I want to do about 6 outfits, so it'll probably take me between 2-4 months. That's if nothing happens between now and then to cause a delay. LOL. Something ALWAYS happens. :blush

Wow, it sounds (and looks) lovely, I'll have to keep an eye out for it (Velvet Spun) the next time I go shopping. The Festive Fur looks fun too :).

Archived